Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Spoiled rotten...

Today seems to be going a lot better than the previous ones. I'm still in some pain, but not nearly as much. Mostly I just feel super tired, and I need to poop. But I am not supposed to...uhh...strain myself. So I'm waiting it out. Ha! Ok gross, but that's what you get for subscribing to my blog.

But really, today has been going a lot more smoothly. When the pain starts to flair up, I just close my eyes and focus on the breathing. And that seems to help. I went outside on my patio a bit and walked a few loops...just because I know it's good for me to get some walking in.

I feel so spoiled from all this. I came home from the hospital yesterday to a house full of groceries, new pajamas, new slippers, a cleaned up patio, weeded garden, a basket put together by my church, flowers, balloons, cards, a husband who is willing to do anything for me. He even set up the couch like a makeshift hospital bed in front of the tv and went and rented me a pile of movies. And he has the dogs in the basement with him too, because as much as I love my dogs, they like to jump up and snuggle. Not so good for post surgery. But the hubs hands me my phone and calls it my nurse button and to just call when I need ANYTHING. And my friend Kari stopped by to say hello, and as soon as I am feeling up to it, she is bringing over some Jimmyjohns sandwiches to eat on my nice clean patio!!!

I feel so spoiled and so loved after all this. I can't believe how many people I have in my life that care about me. I'm a lucky girl.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Whoa, I'm sorry I missed the surgery post. I hope you feel better- I know when I got mine out I felt better almost instantly. I really hope that your pain is short lived and the healing is quick! Take care of yourself missy!

Kelly said...

So glad you are so spoiled. You deserve it!!!!