Friday, July 23, 2010

Blah blah blah...

So...I'm sitting here watching Disney's Pocahontas for the first time since I saw it in theater as a little girl. And for the record, I'd take Kocoum any day over John Smith. I mean really...is it really a contest?





Of course, Kocoum gets killed. Jerks. Why am I watching this movie, again?

ANYWAY!

My family is currently all spending time together at Flathead Lake, where I should be right now...especially since I'm dangerously close to being able to pull off a 2 piece swimsuit, which I haven't been able to wear in YEARS! I am still not quite there yet, BUT I'm starting to actually feel good about my body. Well, except for my grotesquely hairy legs. Don't judge. I haven't been able to shave in a week. And who knows when I shaved my legs before that. Garrett offered to shave them for me tonight, so I think I will take him up on that. He might change his mind when he actually sees my legs. HahahaHAha!!! Good thing he loves me despite my horrific-looking legs.

Ok, where was I?!? Oh, yes. My family reunion is this weekend. I hope they are all having fun. I sincerely wish I felt up to going. But I just don't. I already feel like I've missed so much already this summer. I missed the One Helena Hundred last weekend, my 100k bike ride. The next on the list is the Tour de Cure. I'm only signed up for the 56 miles. But I'm hoping that by next year, I will be able to work up to 100miles!! Nobodies going to make me miss the Tour de Cure! I've spent most of my summer trying to "get better" or "feel better." It's time to ACTUALLY start feeling better!

I'm planning on making an appointment with Dr. T soon. I'm actually excited for her to see how far I've come with my weight loss. When I first went to see her in January, I weighed in at 196 pounds. And prior to that, I was weighing in at 209. As of this morning, I'm at 169!!! Ahhhh!! I'm sure I will gain some back and that some of that weight loss is due to everything that happened this last weekend. But, I've been thinking a lot about how much I've changed my eating habits in the last several months. I'm conscious of what I eat...even if I am eating something bad. Before, I just went into denial...which happened to be a lot of the time since I was eating so poorly. I finally feel as though I've made a genuine lifestyle change. I still have my occasional treat and I'm not so strict with my diet that I end up binging. But general snacking isn't an entire bag of chips anymore! I pay attention to what qualifies as a serving size. I try to eat more balanced...though I'm still always low on my veggies. I just feel like I've come a long ways since I began making these changes.

As much as I feel frustrated by my current state of post surgery, it's getting better every day. And soon, I will be able to get to the gym, and ride my bike and start living again. I have only had 2 pain pills today, so that's gotta mean something, right?

Keep hanging in there with me, blog buddies. I know I'm kind of repeating myself in these last few posts, but it's all I can do to keep myself motivated right now. And in honor of the One Helena Hundred that I missed this year, I'll end this post with a picture me riding it last year, 40 lbs heavier and looking quite gross...

1 comment:

Greeny said...

LMAO @ hair legs. I am seriously such a bag offender for that. A few years back before getting into the exercise thing, I could go through the entire winter without taking a razor up. Wookie ++++

56 miles is not to be sniffed at! That is still a hell of a distance! If I tried to do that today... if I made it... or regardless I'd be totally puking from super lactic overload.

You are totally right, it does help to have a passion and when the weight comes off it becomes easier and like you say, it increases the total enjoyment factor because you're able to do more with less effort.

Really, it sounds like life is looking up for you from here! You've shed an awesome amount of weight, got the relevant lifestyle habits sorted and have a passion to spur you through. This is the ONLY way to be! xxxx