Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sick and tired of being sick and tired...

Ok. I'm officially sick of being laid up. I'm not a very patient person. Never have been...most likely never will be. But I honestly want to be feeling better now. It annoys me that the thing that hurts the most is the weird spot in my right shoulder, which the doctors and nurses all reassured me was a totally normal feeling. It bothers me though because I feel like if it weren't for my shoulder hurting, I might be able to function somewhat normally.

I've slept almost all day today. I had a little more nausea...probably from the pain meds. They seem to not sit real well with me. But on a good note, I POOPED today!!!! THREE TIMES!! Hahahaha! I've never been more excited to poop in my life. It was starting to really concern me.

Also, I made it through my little walk around the patio. I was hurting a little bit through that because I am halving my dose of hydrocodone. I would rather feel sore than feel nauseous. I was hoping I would feel well enough to make it to our family reunion...but I just don't see that happening. I feel like such a wuss because everyone is telling me how quickly they bounced back after having their gall bladder out, and I'm still hurting pretty bad after 4 days. But oh well. I guess I'm just a big baby. I'm cool with that.

On another totally unrelated note, my family all invited themselves over for Christmas this year! I'm SOOOOO excited! The way we do Christmas is we alternate between spending it with my family, and the next year, we'll spend it with my inlaws. This year is my family's turn and they decided they wanted to come and spend it at our house!!!! I'm SOOO excited about it. Our house will be full of fun people and lots of dogs. Let's see...there will be a total of 6 dogs hanging out at our house!! All playing in the snow! How fun is that going to be?!?! We are scaling down on gifts this year...mostly because we can't afford it due to all the infertility and medical stuff we've been through this year, but luckily, the gifts aren't important. We all got so spoiled last year anyway, I can't even think of anything I would even ask for besides getting to spend it with my family. I'm already picturing all our dogs stockings hung up on the valance by the tree. Hhaha! Ok. I gotta calm down. It's only July, for crying out loud. I'm just excited. Just wait until November when Kari and I start planning our Hobby Lobby trip to get Christmas deco's. Those of you who have been following me for a while know I talked about Hobby Lobby A LOT last November. Ok. Ok. I'll move on now...

Well, I'm going to go see if I can get my hubs to rent me Happy Feet for the 100th time in a row. I loooove that movie. Don't ask me why...I just do.

Hope all my blog land friends are doing good! I can't wait to give you guys a real post to read. Haha! Just bear with me a little longer. I think if I were to lose a follower right now, I may cry...

3 comments:

Lauren said...

After I had a laparoscopy (terrible experience) I had intense pressure/pain under my collarbone and shoulders from air bubbles that had gotten in during the surgery and now were like, floating up. I don't know if that's what you're having, but maybe?

How exciting that you'll get to celebrate Christmas at your house!!!

Nessa said...

Lauren, that is kind of what I am thinking....the air bubbles. When did yours subside? It's so annoying that it's what hurts the worst. I feel like if it weren't for that pressure/pain under my collarbone, I would be starting to function normally...

Greeny said...

Ohhh I had the shoulder thing going on under the collar bone for about a week or two after the laparoscopy. Considering the severity of what some people get, mine wasn't too bad and it still last a while. A friend of a friend recommended anti-gas tablets. Apparently she's had mutliple procedures and they worked for her.... Maybe something to think about??


Oh and anyone who wants to carry on about how awesome they were after a cholecystectomy can go back in their box. Recovery is different for everyone and is influence by several factors including age, body composition, co-morbidities as well as the severity of your condition to begin with and the techniques + medications used by medical staff. So don't feel you are a sook or anything of the sort. You've had a small organ removed. It is normally in there for a reason and our bodies generally don't like having stuff ripped out!!!

Wow! Glad you are excited about Christmas!!! If my family invited themselves over for Christmas I would be FREAKING OUT!!!! But then again I can't really cook well and it would be DH's parents who would do that and then there are all those expectations to deal with etc.

Anyway, enough babbling from me!