Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bike Obsession, and IVF

First, here is the link to my Tour de Cure page for Kelly. Just push the "sponsor me" button. There are no restrictions and you can donate any amount you want. And thank you so much in advance, Kelly!! :hug:

I just want to say I feel fabulous today!!! FABULOUS! It's hard for my not to get on my bike. I have a tendency to rush things like this. I have less than a week for my follow-up so I just need to cool it until then. But MY GOD, I'm excited to be feeling this good. Honestly, I don't think I've felt this good since early April. I'm still taking my Citalopram but am feeling pretty comfortable that by September 22nd, when I have my appointment to get set up with a primary doctor, that I can start weening off of it.

I need to bring my bike in for a tune-up. My parents...I mean SANTA got me this bike last year for Christmas and I think I was supposed to get a tune-up of the cables and everything after 100 miles. (Is that right, Mom?) But I'm pretty sure I'm past that point! Haha! By a lot. Maybe it was 500 miles. I'm not sure if I've got 500 miles of road on it quite yet. I probably would have if I hadn't been feeling like crap for 3 months. I know you are all DYING to see this amazing bike I talk of. So, for you:



And to address a problem I may have:



That's a lot of bikes for someone who has only been serious about cycling for just over a year. But I don't think I will be needing any new bikes for a long time. The new one is more than I could ask for. I think it cost somewhere aroung $600! It's quality machinery!! Its currently got hybrid tires on it, but I'm going to swap them for the skinnier road tires hopefully before the Tour de Cure.

Ok..now I'm just geeking out. So I'll move on.

I tried calling Dr. T's office yesterday. She's on vacay until the 9th. But that's just fine. I'm not in any hurry to get in to see her. I just wanted to first of all, update her. I had the gallbladder info faxed over to her office so I guess she's probably already up to date on that. And also, Garrett did a 2nd SA earlier this year, and we never really thought to get the results. So we were just kind of curious about those.

Garrett and I sat down and had a for-real conversation about IVF last night. Ya know, when you are heading down the road of IF treatments, you might kind of mention IVF casually with each other. But for me, I always secretly thought we'd have success before then. We've got a few rounds of IUI and injectibles still to kick through. But if those don't work...we will be looking at IVF. So, we talked about it for realsies last night. Garrett's totally down for it, even if we have to pay for the whole thing out of pocket. Since we live in Montana, we have to travel out of state to get the actual procedure done. Fortunately, they can do all the preliminary work here in Great Falls. But the traveling adds cost on TOP of the actual IVF. However, if I remember correctly, I think Dr. T. said one of the places they work with is in Seattle...which would be so awesome because my aunt lives there and I KNOW we could crash with her. And not only would it be awesome to see them and spend time with them, but it would cut the cost of a hotel out.

It was so surreal having that conversation last night. We talked about all the possibilities of multiples. I asked Garrett what he would want to do if I turned into Octo-Mom and he said, that's ok. Those are our babies! Haha! I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we get there. But really, I'm glad Garrett wants to persue it. We are thinking once I get my tattoo liscence, we will just put whatever I make into our savings account. So if I were somehow able to do 150 tattoos at $100 each, that would be about enough for IVF. That's doable, right?!?

Ok. I know I'm getting ahead of myself and we still need to go down the path of IUI. I just feel happy that we will be able to go all the way through IVF if needed.

That's all for now. I think I will actually be productive today and clean clean clean!!! You know you've been laid up if you are excited about cleaning, laundry and dishes.

4 comments:

janepjohns said...

U should get a tune up after 500, or if your gears are slippin'. I need one right now, but don't want to give my bike up long enough to get it done. Just have Ryan do it for you. He did his own and seems he did a decent job.

Nessa said...

Ryan is already trying to get me to do a training ride. He called me yesterday and said "are you ready for our training ride this weekend?" He's such a show-off. Do you even realize what a hotshot he is going to think he is since he gets to be a "Red Rider" for the Tour de Cure?!? Haha! That's ok. I suppose he deserves it.

Samantha said...

I am happy you got that converation down and it had a good outcome. I pray you won't have to go that far but it's great that you don't have to worry about it.

Way to go on the bike riding and your tour. I'm so proud!

Lauren said...

Donated :) I have great admiration for you and everything you are doing!