Friday, July 30, 2010

BLC, and Serious Business...

I have officially signed up for "The Biggest Loser Contest" on the forums. It starts on Monday. The buy in was $20 and if you win, you get the whole pot. I'm not doing it necessarily to win (though I obviously won't complain if I do). I've already lost quite a bit of weight and I can seriously foresee a plateau in my near future. So it's just something to help push me even harder through an inevitable plateau. I will be happy for whoever ends up winning!!!

I've gained back 3 pounds since I started eating again after the surgery. But that is not too big of a shocker. I mean, I went 3 days with no food or water and just hooked up to an IV. Then when I started eating, it took me a while to eat "real" food. And since I have had my appetite, I haven't been doing so hot in eating very healthy. So time to get my ass in gear.

I go in for my follow-up on Tuesday. So hopefully I get the green light to start working out again. I miss it! I decided I am going to get so ripped! I am going to go to Curves in the morning Monday-Friday. Then on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I am going to do my Biggest Loser Yoga Weight loss dvd. And on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I am going to do a MINIMUM of 15 miles on my bike. Preferably 20. Including the part of the River's Edge Trail that is full of big hills. It's going to be intense!!! And AWESOME! Then I get a break on the weekends. Well, unless my brother wants to do some training rides...which usually means like a 30 miler. But I assume that won't be every weekend. Maybe every other weekend.

I emailed my tattoo artist and told her to book me for my giant side tattoo. So that's more motivation to work out. I don't really want to get my flabby sides tattooed right now. Haha! So I think having the actual appointment will REALLY help push me that extra little bit.

And of course, I am on my TTC break so what better time to push myself hard than right now! Then when I go in to see my fertility specialist, her mind will be blown, and I will fall pregnant on my first round when I go back to TTC. Haha! Ok, maybe not, but still, I think my chances of concieving will be astronimically better if I were at 145 or 150 pounds vs. the 210 that I was. I need to start back up on my metformin as well. And now that I am feeling like a normal person, I feel more inclined to do so. I will have to start all over with 500mg, but oh wells. I did it once, I can do it again.

I also have a question for my smiley-using blogger friends. How do you do it? I love reading all your posts sprinkled with smiley's! So spill!!! I'm stuck using these ghetto-smileys. =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha, ghetto smileys. Sounds about right.

Greeny said...

LMAO @ ghetto smilies.

I have a collection of my own smilies http://tinypic.com/1r52ff4k

Basically to add them in all I have to do is click on the smiley I want and then grab the HTML from the right hand side of the screen and whack into blogger. When you write a post you can edit the HTML by clicking on the other tab thing. So just insert the HTML in where you want it.

There are also heaps of free sites where you can use their smilies. I just keep my own collection because I know where to find what I want and there is no chance of URL being changed etc.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense!