Big progress. I slept on my sides last night!!! It was still a little uncomfortable, but that's besides the point. And my incisions now just mostly feel like bruises. The shoulder pain has eased quite a bit. My appetite is back to normal for the most part. I am still having trouble getting a good nights sleep, but I figure that is just normal when you are recovering from surgery. I really can't complain. My follow-up appointment is next Tuesday. So I will be hopefully getting the ok to continue my exercising and cycling. My beautiful bike is feeling rather neglected.
Speaking of cycling, I have raised my minimum amount for the Tour de Cure thanks to some super generous sponsors! I can now officially ride!!! And can I just say how much it amazes me that I have such amazing support from people I've never even met in real life!!! It's an overwhelming feeling to have such great support like that. So thank you from the bottom of my heart, to EVERYONE who has donated or even just supported me. Hugs to all of you!!!
I'm going to attempt to get some groceries today. I think it will be fine as long as I don't try to lift a giant bag of dogfood or anything. I went to Target yesterday to get a card for all the staff that helped me at the hospital. They were all so great and I am so grateful for every last person in that hospital. I tried to remember everyones name and give them recognition in the card, but it can be difficult when you are A) in excruciating pain and B) on pain meds and morphine dozing in and out and C) when the poor night staffers come in to check your vitals at 3am. So I tried remembering everyone I could and then put an apologetic "and everyone else I forgot." I hope it's not insulting. But seriously, I'm so thankful for how great they were there right down to the lovely lady who came in to clean my room. They even moved a recliner into my room for the hubs and brought him some blankets and pillows so he'd be more comfortable since he rarely left my side.
Welp. No other updates. I'm just getting so excited to ride my bike again. It's so time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope happy healing continues!
I want to donate to your ride, but I can't find a link. Can you post one somewhere so I can get to it?
You are coming along in leaps and bounds!!!! :-D Soooo good to hear you are feeling better. You'll be back on that bike in no time!!! :-D
Oh and from a medical person's perspective.... it isn't insulting at all. It shows you are were really sick and needed to be there and when that happens, like you say, people's names are not at the forefront of your mind! Just being thanked will be enough!
Post a Comment