Ok so I'm a liiiiittle late on this. This week has been pretty crazy with work. While I was away from work, all my certifications expired so I had to hurry up ands redo those. Had some drawing to catch up on (I don't think you ever truly "catch up" on drawing in this business. Lol). Plus my dad came over and stayed a night then I inked on him, plus had a touch up and a few consultations. Good ton be back, though. And it's good to feel missed! So without further delay, here is my 15 week update.
How Far Along: Well, I'm 15 weeks and 4 days, but for the purposes of this update, I'm just going to say 15 weeks!
Baby This Week: Probably the biggest development this week is I felt baby move. So far, it's only happened twice. One while I was completely still playing video games and the other time while I was swimming...but I was completely stretched out, like arms in front of me. People describe it as flutters or bubbles. To me, it felt like a roll. Ya know, like baby did a somersault or something. Hmmm, what else? Baby is the size of an orange. About 4.5 inches from head to butt. Its organs continue to develop and the body continues to grow to proportion with the head. Nothing too new from last week other than the size and movement!
Symptoms: Feeling really good. Still having headaches, heartburn, backaches and insomnia, but no nausea!!! Thank the sweet sweet Lord!!! The hunger has begun. I'm trying really hard to fill that hunger with good things but don't always success! Haha! The fatigue is still there a bit, but I don't nap nearly as much and when I do, it's not usually as long as before!
Cravings/Aversions: I had an intense craving for ribs this week!!! But I think it's because my mom broke her ribs and we kept talking about ribs (sorry mom! Lol). Don't have many aversions right now, though G made some nachos yesterday and the cheese smelled like straight up barf! But salads are back to being yummy!!! Yaaaaaaaayyy!!!!
Sleep: I just don't think this will be getting better. And that's ok. It's not like I'll be getting a ton of sleep after baby is here anyway! But it's still my back giving me issues. Most nights, I wake up, sit up with my legs crossed, put like 3 pillows on my lap, and lay my head down on the pillows and sleep for a while that way. But ya know, whatever I gotta do! If it's not the back issues, I wake up to pee. Lol! My dreams have been out of control! A couple nights ago, I dreamt that I was in a public restroom and I had to pee. So I sat down to pee but it just kept going! Like I'm talking a 15 minute flow of pee. I was super embarrassed because it was a public restroom and others could hear me peeing. But I decided to take advantage of the situation anyway and practice my kegals!!!! Lol
Weight: I went up this week. 163 last time I weighed. I was bloated and *ahem* constipated (pregnancy is so glamorous), so I'm not sure how accurate that is. But there you have it. I saw a picture of myself before I started in vitro...like a full body pic and i can't wait to get there again! Right now, it's hard because I'm really starting to grow, but it's still in that fat stage where I don't look preggers, I just look fat. So I'm struggling right now. Ugh! Oh well! I'm still 60 pounds lighter than I was at my heaviest weight, and I wasn't even pregnant. So really, I should just keep looking at it that way!
Goals for the Week: I just want to get back into the swing of things at work and get my next few tattoos designed and ready to go!!! That's my biggest goal for the week!!!!
I'm not posting a belly shot for this week just because I didn't take one right at 15 weeks. As it is, I'm closer to 16 weeks than 15 so I'm just gonna wait. We have our 16 week checkup next Tuesday so I will check back in then!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome that you felt baby move!! Lots of good stuff and you are right about drawing and catching up lol, I don't think it exists. I know you don't think so, but I think you look preggers, not fat, lol, especially in your pic with April! Lots of positives in this one!! Glad you are starting to feel normalish again!
Thanks, Donna!!!! Yeah, definitely starting to feel back to my old self for the most part! P.s. excited to chat with ya next week!
Me too!! I loved your post today :)
Post a Comment