Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pretty Boring.

I had an awesome swim today!  I also weighed myself.  Still 161., well...it was like 161.4 or something.  So I'm still happy with that!  I am pretty stoked because I just think that at one point in my life, I was 220 pounds, and that was NOT being pregnant.  So even if I gain a "lot" it still won't be as bad as I was before when I wasn't even growing a person.  If I could just stay out of the 200's, I will be super duper happy!  But we'll see!!!  I was pretty excited to be wanting a salad today!!  And not just an iceberg lettuce one that hardly even counts as a salad, but one with all kinds of greens and the spring mix lettuce!  I haven't wanted anything to do with salads since being pregnant so this is huge!  Especially since it was such a big part of my diet before!  Now I just need to get that appetite back at night so I can quit eating cheerios for dinner!!! Lol!

G will be home tomorrow night!!!  I'm so excited and ready for him to be home!!  I'm the type of person that hates admitting I need help with stuff...but, I need G's help!!!  Just in general.  When I'm feeling shitty, he's such a big help.  And in cases like this morning, I was trying to clean up dog barf, which normally doesn't bother me so much.  But being pregnant and hyper sensitive to smells...well, there was a lot of gagging involved!  Lol.
I feel bad for Grr...the dog that barfed.  He has been having issues lately so we are going to bring him in!  I hope nothing serious is wrong!  He's not "old" but he is getting up there.  He's 9 so it just worries me when he's sick.

Anyway.  That's all the morning news I have for today!  Kbye!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute baby bump lady!!! And I totally understand, when you said the salad thing I flashed to the hobbit lol "I don't eat green food" glad you are feeling better and that your man gets home tonight :)

Anonymous said...

Nessa, I had a question....you hurt your knee when you were in high school and I was curious if (prior to your pregnancy) you were able to do a lot of squats and lunges without it bothering your knee? I have been taking a tight and tone class at the gym and we do tons of squats and lunges with weights and I felt like a tweeked my knee on Tuesday...I went ahead and went again today now my knee is a little swollen and sore :( ugh. So I am icing it...Thank you! Ps. I am glad your hubby is home today :)

Nessa said...

Anne, yes, I did millions or squats and lunges!!! I miss them, actually! If you tweaked your knee, definitely give it a chance to heal. Sometimes, letting our injuries heal is the hardest part because we want to keep going! (Clearly, I have issues taking breaks from working out! Lol). I've made my injuries worse many times by trying rush through and not resting up and letting it heal. But it is the best thing to do in the long run. Maybe give it a week before you try to do anything intense. And then ease your way back into it! Modify things if you need to until you feel comfortable again. I honestly didn't have too much issues with my knee when it came to squats and lunges. But of course, if the pain and swelling get worse, definitely go get it checked out just to make sure!

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you Nessa. That is great to hear! Ya, they weren't that hard at the time when I was doing them, and I was making sure I had good form, so it's annoying! I will back off those for awhile. Thanks again.