Thursday, February 20, 2014

Fruit Salad, G is Home, and Thankful!!!

I would straight up murder someone for a fruit salad right now!!!!  (Mom, when you come over, will you make your fruit salad?).

I've been mixing up my swim workouts lately and it is soooo much better when I do.  I added strength exercises to the mix.  If any of you are swimmer or have any ideas for me to switch it up in the pool, let me know!!!  This is my only allowed form of working out for a while and I don't want to get bored!  There are some good ideas on YouTube!

So G is home now!  It's so nice to have him back home!  I picked him up from the airport last night.  We stopped at his parents for a few and visited with them.  I got a glimpse of my mothers-in-law's baby stash!  She had like a mountain of baby clothes that she was working on washing!  Lol!  This baby is seriously solo spoiled already.  Between me, my parents, G's parents and my friends, it will not be running short on items for a while.

Anyway, so last night after we got home, both G and I were pretty pooped so we layed down in bed and were just talking.  Pretty soon, I started talking about a man named "Captain Share." Apparently, he was standing on a pile of dead bodies, wearing fatigues and a beret.  It was really weird because I wasn't quite asleep.  It was like I was delerious or something.  When I became aware of what I was saying, I asked G what I was talking about.  He said he was too tired to try and figure it out.  Hahahha!  It was bazaar!!!

This morning I woke up with a headache again.  I've had it all day, but I don't want to complain too much because the last 2 days, I felt pretty fabulous so I'm thankful.  I'm hoping the good days will start to outnumber the ones with yucky symptoms!  Because really, I felt pretty damn good the last couple days!!!

I was thinking today how thankful I am to be where I'm at.  No, I don't get to be the Super Woman I had so wished to be...but I get the be the person that tries to make the best of their situation.  And while I don't always do a great job at being that person, either, I will continue to try.  I also get the be the person that never gave up.  I failed again and again and again for 7 years and continued to try until I succeeded.  I'm not out of the woods yet, I am still on the last little bit of this long ass journey until I get to start a new one with my baby, but I have come so far and been through so much and now I am here...almost 15 weeks pregnant.  And I am so thankful.  An while I don't want to downplay any of the emotions that go with this part of the journey, even on the not-so-great days, I get it come home at the end of the day finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel; this tunnel that, had you asked me a year ago, I would have sworn had no ending.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear you're having some days where you feel great! Have you ever done Aqua Zumba? It would be pretty fun I bet!

JaneJ said...

A couple weeks ago I went to laps swim and the lanes were all occupied so I joined in on the last half of an aqua zumba class. It was really fun.