Friday, February 7, 2014

Feeling Boxy!

Last night, I got dressed (I use the phrase "got dressed" loosely because I'm pretty much just wearing stretchy pants, bras that are too tight, and shirts that are not exactly flattering for this awkward stage of pregnancy). So anyway, I got "dressed" so I could go make my weekly trip to the Zone to visit Aprill at work.  Before I left, I stood there in front of the mirror and said to G, "I look like a box on 2 sticks wearing a straightjacket." My coat is far too tight for me to be wearing at this stage.  Garrett laughed as he said "oh no!" He, of course,  told me I was beautiful, but I'm not sure I believe him.

I'm actually glad we are having like -50 degree weather here.  This layering is really helping me out,  haha!  With my boobs the size of basketballs and my gut getting thicker, I'm having issues finding anything I feel remotely confident in.  My legs haven't changed, hence the feeling like a box on 2 sticks.  Lol!  I'm just going to hope it stays freezing out until i have an actual cute bump that looks like there's a baby in there and not just too many treats.  Plus, I've been constipated, and let me tell you something about how glamorous I feel about that.  I went and got some probiotics, AND miralax yesterday.  I believe my words to G when I got home were "If I don't shit my pants tomorrow, I'm gonna be so mad.". Haha!!!  I got really bummed out when I read on the back of the miralax bottle "should produce a bowel movement in 1-3 days." 3 days?!?!?  Ain't nobody got time for that!!!  So yes, that is a fine example of how glamorous I feel right now.

Despite all that, every time I look at those little ultrasounds, my heart just warms right up.  I will take the bloating, the feeling boxy and unsexy, the constipation...because that little booger is thriving and healthy in there.  It's amazing how I would do anything for that little buddy already.  Can we just fast forward to August so I can meet them already!!!!

Also, my mom requested I post more stuff like my weird dreams and cravings and whatnot.  So I think what I will do is every Monday (the beginning of a new week in this pregnancy), I will post my cravings, symptoms, maybe a little about baby's development for the week...that kind of thing,  I will come up with a format to follow once a week.  That way, my mom will keep reading my blog!  I don't want her to get bored!  Haha!!!

One last thing.  I have a fellow infertile friend...I've been talking to her for quite a few years now.  She just went through her first IVF cycle, had a beautiful embry transferred and is now waiting.  I'm not going to go into detail because it's not my place, but I do want to ask for a few extra thoughts and/or prayers for her as she waits to find out the results.  She is so deserving of this and I am hoping and praying with everything I have that this is the end of her infertility journey!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yay! More updates coming! I'm addicted to your blog now. I check it about every ten minutes haha.

Nessa said...

Hahaha!!! I'm glad you like reading my blog, cuz! I'm finding that I definitely get more out of blogging than Facebook! And I love seeing your comments on here, too!

Anonymous said...

I am so curious about pregnancy. It's super interesting!! I am praying for your courageous friend too...hugs

JaneJ said...

Waiting for news on your IVF friend. Fingers and toes crossed for success for her. It's so exciting!!!!