Monday, February 17, 2014

14 Weeks!!!

How Far Along:  14 weeks today!!!

Baby This Week:  Baby is somewhere between 3.5 and 4 inches.  It's hands and feet are about .5 inches!  It's now making different expressions, like smiling grimacing, frowning, etc...  It continues to practice the swallowing reflex by swallowing amniotic fluid...then it pees it out!  It's distinguishable whether it's a boy or girl at this point, though it is hard to tell from and ultrasound for sure.  It's starting to grow some hair on the face, like eyebrows, and the top of the head.  It also has little hairs all over its body called "lanugo." This protects baby from the amniotic fluid until it's born.  It actually sheds it before it leaves the womb!!!  Crazy!

Symptoms:  My symptoms in the last week have mostly been headaches, a little nausea, and insomnia!  The headaches have been more prominent than the other symptoms!  Headaches are tough because I can't take anything for them except Tylenol..and that really doesn't do much.  Honestly, I think they are stemming from my back issues.  And I think the insomnia is stemming from just being uncomfortable.  I'm still fatigued but I think if I could get my back squared away, I could sleep at night, therefore having more energy during the day!  Still have the bloody boogers!!!  Lol.  And a little nasal congestion but really, nothing to complain about!

Food Cravings/Aversions:  Been really into apples still!!!  Also steamed green beans and carrots!  I'm trying to eat as rounded and well as I can...but still struggling with dinner.  I usually just have Cheerios or something light.  The days I feel yucky, I just snack all day!  Still not into big slabs of meat so I try to get my protein other ways...like Greek yogurt and such.

Weight Gain:  I have not weighed myself yet this week so I'm not sure where I'm at with this.  I'll weigh tomorrow at the gym when I go swim!

Sleep:  I kind of already went over sleep, but it's still not good.  But like I said, I think if I get my back straightened out, I think it would help immensely!!!

Goals For the Week:  I would like to maybe go get my back worked on by either a massage therapist or a chiropractor.  And then in theory, my sleep will become better and my energy will be higher.  Because I really want to start working on the house...ya know, decluttering, fixing things that are broken...  That sort of thing

And of course, here is my belly shot for the week.

**and side note, sorry about the all bold fontI'm doing this from my tablet and it won't let me fix it!!!**

4 comments:

JaneJ said...

Would this be a good time to tell you that you and I both were born with some lanugo? I had a lot and you just a little on your lower back. So....if little Z is born with a little baby fine hair you can b lol and my genes. No worries it goes away fast.

JaneJ said...

Auto correct screws me over everytime

Nessa said...

That's ok! Baby can be born with 3 eyeballs and I would still love it to pieces!!!!

Anonymous said...

You look super cute, Nessie. Thanks for the update. Love, love, love hearing all about it! :)