We had our appointment yesterday with our OB. I got the ok to swim...but she did say to chill out a bit. I probably shouldn't be really trying to push myself. She wants me to hold off on weightlifting for now. I'm totally fine with that. I'd rather err on the side of caution. I still have the hemorrhage but it is smaller so that is a very very good thing. But I do still need to be careful. And for those concerned about my "obsession" with working out, don't be. If you think I would do anything that could put my baby in danger, you are on crack. I will only be swimming and doing pregnancy-safe yoga. So back off and trust that I am doing the right thing.
Our doctor said aside from the hematoma, everything looks great. Baby's heart rate sounded good and was still in a good range. Baby was super active, which is a good sign. So we are very thankful to have had such good progress since the bleed initially happened. Baby is still measuring about 3 days ahead. It's roughly the length of 2.5 inches from crown to rump (head to butt for those that don't know). So about the length of your pinkie.
I asked about my back issues. My lower back has been really hurting lately...especially when I'm trying to sleep. OB said it's most likely due to the fact that my uterus is tilted back to begin with. And my cervix is beginning to rise up and out so it's pressing on my spine and it's doing so. She said it should ease up in a few weeks after it passes that point. I watched a video on what happens to your spine in relation to your pelvis when relaxin is released into you system (this is the stuff that loosens your round ligaments) and it totally makes sense why my back is in such pain...especially with my past issue with my sciatic nerve and back!
I'm not sure if I will post a belly pic this week. Mostly because I just feel huge and bloated. I look bigger...but it doesn't look like a cute little belly. Looks like mama got ahold of some chips and cake. Hahaha! I'm sure I will post it..just because. But just not right now. Maybe after I swim, I'll have a little confidence boost. Speaking of swimming, I need to go gather my stuff back together so I can go!!! Woot woot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope you took your hair dryer to the pool or your hair is going to freeze into ice on the way home.
I had a dream last night that Aprill was chewing me out for not drying my hair all the way after swimming. Lol. Don't worry, though. The Peak has hair dryers in the locker rooms!!! I won't freeze my luscious locks off! Haha!!!
Well, Aprill is your "other mother" isn't she?
Post a Comment