Monday, February 10, 2014

13 Weeks!!!!

As promised, I'm posting a bunch of random crap about this week in my pregnancy. 

How Far Along:  13 weeks!!!!  "Officially" in the 2nd trimester...though I have found this is debatable. Some people say 12, some say 14.  But we'll just go with the in-betweener and say 13!!

Baby This WeekBaby is the size of a peach today.  Or about 3 inches from crown to rump.  My baby consistently is measuring about 3 days ahead of schedule, which is funny considering I know for a fact the exact day of conception!!  Pretty much all of baby's vital organs are in place.  The eyes have now pretty much moved to the front of the head and ears to their proper spot.  Baby continues to work on its motor skills, such as swallowing amniotic fluid and sucking its thumb.  It will respond to being poked!!!  I still can't feel it but if you poke at my tummy, it is probably in there kicking and such!  Hmmm...what else.  Oh, the baby's head growth is slowing down and the body is catching up. 

SymptomsMy symptoms have not been bad.  They are easing up quite a bit.  But I usually still wake up with some minimal nausea.  The hunger is kicking in a bit more, which is kind of nice to actually have a bit of my appetite back.  Still wrestling with fatigue...which at this point, is my most annoying symptom. I miss my energy!!!  I have ALWAYS hated taking naps during the day!!!  And right now, my mind is all motivated to do stuff, meanwhile my body is like, awwwww helllll naww!!!!  You gon sit yo ass down, woman.  Lol.  I will say it's easing up, though!!!  I am getting a little more done during the day than I was before.  Ummm, oh bloody boogers.  Another symptom that nobody tells you about.  Every morning in wake up and blow my nose and I always have gobs of bloody boogers.  I had to look this up to make sure I wasn't dying.  But it's a normal thing due to your increase of blood flow.  Not all women get it, but I am one of the lucky ones that does!!  This morning, it turned into a bloody nose.  That was a good time!!!  Anyway, my last major symptom has been constipation.  Yep.  There it is.  I said it.  Although, I have been taking a probiotic and eating fiber rich foods and I already pooped twice today, and it's only 9:30!!!  (I wonder how many people are just going to skip the "symptoms" section next time!  Haha!!!!)

Food Cravings/AversionsBeen wanting lots of carrots and honeycrisp apples. Oh and Watermelon!!!  Cereal has been a staple meal for at night because I never want anything really heavy right before bed.  Still having a hard time with meat.  I can usually do meat for lunch. That's about the only meal or the day that I can hack it.  It's crazy when you've worked so hard to clean up your diet and then all of the sudden, you are eating stuff you wouldn't have dreamed of touching before.  I'm not worrying about it too much, though.  I'm just trying to make sure I'm eating fairly balanced and getting enough protein!

Total Weight GainI can already tell you that this is going to become a sore subject.  I am going by my pre-IVF weight because that is when I was put on a cocktail of hormones and restricted in my workouts.  So prior to IVF, I was consistently around 155.  I am now at 161.  Not bad considering I have not been allowed to work out much of this pregnancy and what I am allowed to do pales in comparison to what I was doing before and my diet was pretty sad!  So I'm ok with 6 pound increase during the first trimester. 

SleepSleep has been not so good.  My back has been hurting sooooo bad!  I'm hoping it will ease up a bit during the second trimester.  My OB seems to think it will.  But considering all the back pain I've been having, I'm a little concerned about back labor.  I suppose we'll cross that bridge if/when we get there.  So yeah, basically, my sleep has been pretty sad. I would say I wake up every half hour or so to readjust, which is one of the reasons I need a nap every day!!!  I think I will get better sleep after baby is here, honestly.

Goals for the WeekI want to make it to swim at least 4 times this week and I also want to start doing my prenatal yoga DVD that Aprill got me for Christmas.  Maybe it will help my back!!!  I also want to keep working on decluttering closets and drawers!!!

Well, that's all I got.  If there is anything you want me to add each week, let me know!!!  Oh, and I'll leave you with my belly shot.  As you can see, I got just a mini belly going on.  I actually think it's small this week than last because I had so much bloat last week.  Ok bye!!!!

5 comments:

JaneJ said...

Your belly looks cute. Jabba the Hut you are not. You still look puny. AT this point, I look more pregnant than you do. In another few weeks tho'.....you are going to look like thw Mama that you are.

Nessa said...

The Jabba the Hutt thing is just how I felt. I know it was grossly over exaggerated! Lol. I honestly feel better today since I already pooped twice today. Haha! Is that TMI? Well, probably not for my own mom, I suppose.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for another update! I love hearing about it all! :)

Anonymous said...

Awe, you look cute, Nessa. Second trimester already!!!! Omg!!!! It goes by sooo fast and is sooo exciting!!! How many times do you pee a night? Just curious..Does green tea still taste good? Have you tried icing your back? Is your hair feel like it's growing faster? Is it true you can't suck in? Do you feel more clumsy as a result of looser joints? Okay, I picked your brain enough. Oh one more, do you see a "healthy glow" in your skin on face? Like it's all supple and smooth and clear? K, bye.

Unknown said...

Just so you know...I would like you to find out the sex of your baby. So go ahead and find out and then tell me.