Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Slacking

Ok I know I am totally slacking this week and I promise, I will get my weekly update in.  Being back at work, it's just been a little hectic!!

But I did want to share this little gem of a picture at the bottom of this post.  I was looking through G's pics on his phone and came across this one.  This was the very first moments that I was pregnant.  It was maybe 15 minutes after my transfer when I was allowed to get up and dressed to leave.  Kinda cool, really.  I'm totally bloated from all the procedures and fertility drugs, but it's just neat to have this moment captured.  I had no idea if that little embryo was digging in or not!!!  But I was soooo happy, as you can see, to have made it all the way to the transfer and to know we had 5 other embies to freeze.  That was a very happy day.  And now here I am, 15 weeks pregnant with that same embryo!!!  On that day, Baby Z was about the size of a grain of salt...maybe smaller!!!  Today, Baby Z is the size of an orange!!  So cool and kinda mind-blowing.

(Oh, and the reason it looks so weird and stupid with the spotlight is after they do the transfer, they leave you to rest for about 15 minutes with the lights dimmed.  But after I got up, G decided we needed a pic, but it was too dark.  So he turned on those giant spotlights they use during the procedure and shined it at me!  We had a good laugh at this pic because of how funny it looks with the spotlight.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute photo :) One for the future baby book, your first official photo as a couple!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool you have this moment captured!! I love it. How about a pic you and Garrett with his hand on your little baby belly next :D

Nessa said...

Anne, I will do that for my 16 week update and post it with that!!!!