Sunday, February 16, 2014

Missing my Man!!!

Good lord, I think I've gotten extra clingy to G for reals since being pregs.  The pregnancy symptoms are usually manageable, but G helps a lot just by being here and comforting me.  I had another horrible headache today and I just wanted G to be here.  Because my imagination gets the better of me a lot.  I'm a worrier and G thinks more rationally.  So I get a headache and instead of thinking "oh hey, these pregnancy hormones are causing some fierce headache." I think "I've had a headache on and off for almost 2 week!! There's gotta be something wrong!!!" G is able to bring me back down to reality!  (Most of the time, anyway!!)

Anyway, the point is, I miss G and I will be happy when he come home!  I've been laying in bed most of the day.  Just feeling a bit off today.  I even broke down and at like 7 otter pops (Popsicle's).  At least I was productive for part of the day!!!

I cleaned and painted!  I started a painting for Baby Z's room!  I'm still struggling with my creative energy and motivation.  My mind us totally elsewhere.  It's times like these that makes me question having my passion as a "job." I think of how nice it would be to go to work and mindlessly do my job!  But then again, I've had those jobs before too and I didn't paint nearly as much...so I should just be thankful that I am able to do what I do!  It's just not always easy like people think.  It's easy for people who don't see the process to downplay it.  I once heard a story of an artist who used to respond to the question "how long did it take you to paint that" by answering with his age. (So I would answer with "30 years")  I thought that was genius!!!  Because really, natural talent doesn't mean shit if you do work at it and continue to push yourself to improve.

Anyway!!!!  Haha!  Holy buckets.  I go from crying and talking about missing G to being mad about people downplaying the work that goes into a creative profession.  Don't mind my multiple personalities...  It's completely normal.  Lol

I'm gonna go shoot some bad guy for a while.  (On Xbox!!!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally know what you mean in a different sense. People don't realize how much the process of tattooing takes and how much mental capacity it requires and years and years of practice, they don't understand it sometimes, that to you artist's it's more than just a painting or tattoo. I don't do either as I am not remotely artistic but being around it all the time it drives me crazy when people think you guys have easy jobs lol.

Nessa said...

Donna, my close peeps who spend any significant amount of time around me get it, too. When you see the process of any creative profession, it's hard not to have an appreciation for the passion and time people put into it! I admire tattoo artists that have put their heart and soul into the business! And I also came to have a higher appreciation for the process in creating music after meeting my hubby. (He's a drummer)