Thursday, January 30, 2014

Symtpoms Relapse...

All of my pregnancy symptoms retuned with a vengeance today.  I think it may have been from lack of sleep.  But I woke up incredibly nauseated. Then all of the sudden, smells were knocking me on my ass again.  I went out for some tea with a friend this morning and just had a small headache so when I got home, I laid down for a nap and woke up with a near-migraine headache.  G is up getting me some Tylenol right now.  Hopefully that will help.

I really do think it is because I didn't sleep very much, or very good last night.  I won't be doing that again.  Ugh!!!  I was liking having minimal side effects!  At least I haven't bled since last week!  I will take the momentary relapse in side effects over that any day!!!!!  But I do think I underestimate how much work it is to grow a human sometimes!  When you think about it, it makes sense!  I mean, another life is sustaining itself inside my body...THROUH my body!

Other than that little setback, things are good.  Not being on FB is pretty amazing, really.  Sometimes, being that accessible is NOT a good thing.  I think I made the right decision in telling people early because I have had such an outpouring of support!!!  But it also makes me a target for unwanted "advice." Everyone's circumstances are different in ever situation.  Or even if the situation is similar, everyone reacts differently, and processes things differently.  I am doing everything I can to ensure baby is ok and I wish people would trust me with that.  Is it difficult to adjust my entire lifestyle?  Absolutely.  Is it worth it?  Without a doubt.  It just hurts to know that people think I would hurt the wellbeing of my baby by doing something I am not supposed to.  I would NEVER blatently go against my OB's orders.  That doesn't meant I'm not allowed to be frustrated.

I would also like to make it clear that it's not about "getting fat" either.  Of course nobody likes seeing the scale go up...especially if you have worked hard to get where you are.  But I'm pregnant.  It's going to happen.  Clearly, I know how to lose it so I will focus on that after baby.  But again, am I not allowed to be frustrated a little about it??? The reason I ended up crying for weeks at a time before pregnancy was because of this nastly little habit I had of pretending to be happy and have a good attitude ALL the time.  It would catch up to me.  So, I prefer to come on here and get it all out at once.  Or sit down with a friend who will just listen when I need it.  By the way, thank you so much for those that have been there to listen!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nessa. I never miss facebook either....love you!!

Unknown said...

I can't blame you one bit for any of it, and yes you are allowed to be frustrated. Hope you feel better soon lady, and you are right it is a huge thing to grow a human :)

Unknown said...

Hey far away art friend. I've been quietly following your blog and progress for awhile. I think you're doing everything right and I'm very glad to know such a strong person. I think you were very clear in everything you've been writing and I hope all the steps you've been taking to reduce the noise of the naysayers has helped. You're a rockstar and all the important people know that. Lots of positive thoughts your way.

Nessa said...

It really is nice not being on Facebook. I'm considering deleting my personal account and just making one for my art. I get a lot of business through FB or I would get rid of it altogether!

Nessa said...

Thanks, lady!!! I love that you take the time to read and comment on my blog!!!

Nessa said...

Why thank you, my fellow art buddy!!!! And yes, stepping away from FB has definitely helped quite a bit!!! Thank you for the positive thoughts!!! Keep them coming!!!