Saturday, January 4, 2014

Swimming, Hangouts, and Painting

At the risk of looking like a new years resolutioner (which I am absolutely not), I think I am going to go in and rejoin the gym.  Here's my reasoning.  You know they have specials right now, which would make it a shit ton cheaper to join.  I also really need to start swimming again.  I'm not allowed to do a whole lot right now, especially because of the random spotting.  So swimming like 5-6 days a week and Chalean Extreme, the ones focusing on strength training, maybe 3-4 days a week is my plan.  I think I am starting to feel decent enough and have this nausea under control enough to implement this plan.  I hate that I'm joining in January, though.  It's too bad they don't have an option for pool use only.  I don't need the rest of the gym.  I have plenty of workout equipment that I use at home...including weights.  But oh well.  It is worth it for the pool!!!  Plus it's very close to my house.

So that's on my agenda for today.  Tonight, gonna hang out with the best is  Go to dinner and play some guitar hero.  We haven't really had much time to hangnouy at all, especially since we don't workout together anymore.  So it will be nice to hang out for real.  And I know after this week, it will be rare since she is starting school, and I may be looking for a real job!  I love painting and tattooing, but it is so inconsistent.  There are some things we need to do to the house and items we need to purchase before this baby comes so I really feel I should contribute a little more than the random hundred dollars here and there.

But speaking of painting, I've been working on a painting these last couple days!  So that has been a nice distraction for the nausea.  It's also a sign that I have been feeling better.  I'm working on just a random painting that I feel like I want to do.  After that, unless I get a commission, I'm working on a big one for baby's room.  I initially thought of doing a mural, but there is going to be an inevitable moment where my baby isn't a baby anymore and decides all this Tim Burton stuff is going to need to go.  So this way, when that moment comes, I can just take the painting off the wall and put it in my room!!!!

No comments: