This whole listening to your body thing is a lot more confusing when you are growing a person. Not being pregnant, I was pretty in tune with my body's needs, even if I didn't always follow through. But I could also demand more from my body too. Ya know, squeak a little extra mileage out of my energy.
Today, I tried to do that. I woke up and did my resistance workout. Then I decided I was going to be done with naps. I'm sick of them and I feel like my day is wasted when I take them. So my plan was to go out to the garage, and paint all day. Then head to the pool later in the evening. My body vetoed the new no-nap policy. Around 3, I started feeling really tired and sick and nauseous. So I took my sorry patootie inside and laid on the couch in defeat. Fell asleep immedietly.
I woke up about 30 minutes ago and cannot figure out what to do. My brain is saying, hey, get you swimming stuff and go swim your laps! But I don't know what my body is telling me. I still do not feel very good. Am I hungry? Am I just trying to do too much? I didn't nap the last 2 days out of my own stubbornness. And maybe this is my body's revenge? It totally sucks when you mind is motivated to go and your body is like, dudes, would you just take it easy, ffs.
Perhaps I'm underestimating the amount of work that's involved in GROWING A HUMAN!!! Lol! Or maybe I'm unhealthily obsessed with working out!! Haha! Sorry, had to throw that in. In all honesty, I think it's still just me trying to figure out how to get in tune with my pregnant self. Me and the infertile self had this down and now I don't really know what to do.
I guess I will get up, eat something and if I still feel crappy, I'll skip the laps. Maybe I need to stick to laps earlier in the day when I'm still fresh! I guess I'll just do the best I can in paying attention to this changing body! I suppose that all I can do!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment