Thanks to all you lovely ladies for the nice compliments on my skinny jean post!! Getting my weight under control has been a long time coming and I finally have had the motivation to stick with a lifestyle change. Since the whole anxiety thing, I sort of fell off track and lost some weight the unhealthy way simply by not having much of an appetite. But I'm getting all my ducks in a row again and starting to fall slowly back into my healthy habits again. It's really hard to eat healthy when you have no appetite. But, it really is getting better.
I was in denial for so long that I was gaining weight. I never owned a scale, which makes it easy to go into denial. After stepping on a scale last October for the first time in years and seeing 209lbs, I just cried. Then decided it was time to do something about it!!! And here I am at 174 pounds, feeling so proud of myself for actually following through. There were times when I would plateou for sometimes a month or more, but I just kept trucking along. I just kept telling myself that exercise makes me feel better about myself, even if the weight isn't melting away as quickly as I would like.
I'm thinking this week will be a good week to get back on my bike and start training again. I'm feeling the most normal than I have since early May so I think I'll give the bike a shot this week.
In the end, I believe this will help me achieve pregnancy and help control PCOS. But when I am trying to do both the weight loss thing and the TTC thing, each only gets a portion of your attention. So now is the time to focus fully on getting my body AND my mind healthy for next year.
I need to start taking BCP, but am not wanting to have a period first. I've read a few different sources mention the "quick start" way of starting BCP, which is basically you start taking it no matter where you are in your cycle. The only negative side effect that I read about doing it that way is that it's not effective in preventing pregnancy for at least 7 days after starting it. And let's face it, that's really not an issue for me. And besides, we use condoms anyway when we are actually preventing. But, nevertheless, I'm having my mom ask her pharmacist friend about the "quick start" method and if it's safe. Otherwise, I will have to take the progesterone pills and then wait for a period, which has been known to take up to 2 weeks after I finish the last pill. And at that point, I would pretty much be on the non-active pills in the BCP pack anyway. Ughh. I hate having irregular cycles.
Anyway...I really haven't accomplished much in this post. So I think I'll just end now before I manage to talk about more nothingness. Congrats if you actually read this whole post. You deserve a prize!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So what's my prize? haha! I didn't realize you'd lost so much weight- that's great!! It really is a lifestyle change and once you accept that I think it makes it easier!
Know what you mean about the denial thing. After leaving home I stacked it on and of course put my lack of fitness down to anything but being overweight.. ignoring my upsize in clothes and the way things were stretching etc... Then one day it hits....
It sounds like you've gone about things the right way though and made the real lifestyle change and it is good to recognise that sometime you're gonna fall off for a little while and that is ok as long as you get back on...
Ness!!!!! This is not nothing! This is taking responsibility for yourself, your health and the eventual fulfillment of your dreams. It's not even close to nothing. Your skinny jeans are just the tip of the iceburg when it comes to the fulfillment of your dreams.
Post a Comment