Ok, so I had an encounter with a hornet today that was really intense. I went to let my dogs back in the house and had barely opened the door...maybe like 4 inches and a giant-ass hornet made a bee-line (hyuk! hyuk!) for my face! Instinctively, I ran (while screaming, obviously) into the living room. I turned around and the hornet was nowhere to be found. I immediately assumed it had landed on my hair or back and was planning on murdering me when I was least expecting it.
But then I saw it come around the corner in the kitchen like in a bad horror film and it headed straight for my face again. Sooo I, again, ran and screamed into the bathroom and locked the door. I'm not even kidding. Hahaha! I locked the friggin' door. I called my husband and told him about how the hornet was plotting my death and probably rallying his friends through some sort of insect communication untraceable by humans.
I got the nerve to go back out and look for it. But only after putting my thick bathrobe on over my clothes and wrapping a towel around my face so that only my eyeballs were showing. I also was armed with a can of hairspray.
**sidenote** I'm allergic to bees and such. Hence my massive fear of them. I was also stung by one on my lip when I was little. I was just minding my own business. I distinctly remember watching this bee so calmly that I went cross-eyed because it was aiming for my lip. But I didn't know what its plan was. And that was to be a big jerk. My lip swelled up to like 3 times it's normal size. I was one sad little girl.
ANYWAY...on with the story...
So I was all decked out in my hornet hunting suit when I heard the jerk buzzing, but didn't see it, so, again, I ran screaming into the bathroom. Repeat this scenario about 3 more times.
THEN, finally, I saw it on on of my curtains in the living room. I snuck up behind it with my hairspray and started spraying. It slowly started falling down the curtain while I just kept on spraying. That's right. I sprayed a big long streak of hairspray all the way down my curtains. Didn't care. I just kept on spraying even when it was on the carpet. Then, I put a cup over it just in case.
I left it there till Garrett got home from work. Then I picked the cup up...which was stuck to the curtain due to an abundant amount of dried hairspray. And the hornet was stuck to the inside of the cup...dead. I went to hand the cup to Garrett so he could dispose of it. When Garrett was grabbing the cup, I thought he was trying to be funny and flick the dead hornet on me (which he wasn't) so as he grabbed the cup, I screamed and jumped back and yelled at him. He then proceeded to tell me what a dork I am and how much he loves me.
He was going to dump it down the sink. I made him flush it.
I...hate...bees/hornets!!!!
In other news, I finally hung out with my friend, Kari!!! It was fun times and I've missed hanging out with her and her little man!! He's such a ham! So friggin' cute.
Ok. That's all. I hope you enjoyed my awesome hornet story. I know I sure did.
Oh, and here is an awesome picture of our special dogs that has nothing to do with this post, but needs to be posted on here. Gaz's back legs are ridiculous. And Grr just looks put off by the whole situation. so here it is...
3 comments:
Hahahahaha! Totally sounds like something I would do. I'm enjoying the mental picture in my head of you in your hornet hunting suit with hairspray!
LMAO! Awesome story! Love the use of hairspray! Think that is so much better than insect spray.
LOL! You tell a great story!! Funny funny...
Post a Comment