Friday, June 4, 2010

Careful...this is one long-ass post. HAhah!

Oh NO!!! I lost a follower. Am I THAT boring?!? Haha! I'm sad.

Anyway.

So, I've been thinking good and hard about this whole TTC business. I'm thinking the next treatments I will be recieving (in 4 or 5 months) will be pretty demanding, schedule-wise (and most-likely emotionally-wise). And IVF is probably not far behind if the next few treatments don't work. I'm assuming since I don't seem to respond too well to clomid or at ALL to femara that we will be looking at injectables soon with an IUI. And if those fail, Montana doesn't even have a reproductive endocronologist, and therefore, no IVF in Montana, I would need to travel out of state to persue this. This makes me think twice about if I'm ready for this.

As I have talked about before, I have a tattoo apprenticeship awaiting me in the fall. My mentor has told me that she thinks I could do this in 6 months!!! The catch is, she lives in a different town about 3 hours away from here. So I would be commuting quite a bit. And trying to do fertility treatments while doing an apprenticeship is just NOT going to work. This is such a huge oppertunity for me, I would HATE to miss out on it.

I think I might email my mentor and ask her if I could start sooner rather than later. Maybe just observing for a few months. I'm no stranger to tattoos (I've got 10 so far), but I could learn a LOT from observing and watching her set up, clean-up...all that jazz. If there was a way I could start like next month or something, that would only add a couple months to my already-doctor-madated break. I could work on losing weight, getting my PCOS under control, and learning to tattoo. And perhaps, if my fertility specialist ok's it, maybe try a few natural cycles in there...just casually. She most likely will want me to do a few months of birth control since my ovaries are so bad right now.

Then after my apprenticeship, perhaps I will be all refreshed and ready to start the serious fertility stuff. I feel so worn down from the last 3 and a half years...mayeb I just REALLY need this break.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Haha... I hate when I lose followers! I'm sure it wasn't you though... they probably just decided not to be on blogger anymore or something.

I like your plan. You are going to be one kick ass tattoo artist!!

Greeny said...

The only way you are ever going to lose me is by not posting... and doing something annoying like ...oh... I think I just got a BFP... will test again tomorrow and then disappearing into the stratosphere. Either that, or become pregnant and start to whine incessantly about all the symptoms and inconveniences that I would kill to have if it meant I could be pregnant. Otherwise... keep kicking along and I'll be right here stalking you!

Nessa said...

Haha! I think if I were to get pregs and whine about it, I think I might kill me! I've been trying for far too long to not enjoy every second being pregnant (if I ever get pregnant). And I promise, if I ever do get a BFP, I won't disappear. Hopefully, by the time I get mine, you all will have yours!!