Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Did I Just Say That?!?!


...and holy buckets, do I feel it today!!!  I'm trying to just suck it up...but pretty sure my face and the noises I'm making are a dead giveaway that I'm not feeling the best.  But it's all good.  It's all for you, my little one. 

I never thought I would say this.  NEVER.  And please forgive me, my fellow infertiles...in fact, maybe even shield your eyes for a minute.  But...

...you can add me to the list of people who don't like being pregnant!!!!!

Ugh!  I'm sorry!!! It pains me to say that, as someone who struggled so hard to get here.  And please don't misinterpret that as lack of gratitude!  I'd rather be here feeling like crap than where I was this time last year or trying to prep for another difficult cycle.  Pregnancy discomforts are a FRIGGIN BREEZE when compared to infertility. NO CONTEST!!!  But you have to admit, I haven't exactly had an easy pregnancy and that is skewing my perspective of it a bit.

As rough as this has been, I'm still happy I got to experience it.  And no, it hasn't put me off to doing it again down the road!  With us, there is no guarantee we will get to experience pregnancy again so I'm chocking this pregnancy up to my own unique experience and ill just cherish it for what it is. In the end, it's not about the pregnancy or the birth experience.  It's about growing our family.  That is the purpose of all of this and I am forever thankful for it!

And, like I've said before, once I see my baby, none of this will matter.  None of it.  Not the infertility. The countless nights (and days) crying uncontrollably...not knowing if we will ever have children.  Not the money we've spent getting here. The rocky pregnancy.  Not these pregnancy discomforts.  Not the birth experience or however our baby enters into this world. It won't matter. All that will matter is that our baby is here and safe!!!  And I cannot wait for that moment!!!!

No comments: