Tuesday, July 15, 2014

35 week update!

So apparently, I have some loyal blog fans waiting impatiently for an update!  (Some of them already even got the update by phone, but won't mention names!).  I'll start with my 35 week belly pic.


I also want to throw a pic of Gaz in here because...well, look at that face.  She always has to wedge her face into crevices.  So while not related to my pregnancy or this update, it's still cute!!!


OK, now for the update.

I've been having this horrid ripping feeling in my cervix area.  I figure some of that is normal, considering I have a giant rip in my cervix.  But after 2 days of it, we went into labor and delivery to get it checked out. (Why does this shit always happen on Sunday when I can't just call my OB?!?!?) 

So G grabs all our hospital bag gear (we're going to be ready anytime we go in for checkups) and headed in. They threw me on the monitors for a while.  Baby sounded good.  I had about 3 contractions in a 40 minute period, which isn't really alarming for how far along I am.  They ended up sending us home without a cervix check, which irritated me at the time.  That was the whole reason I went in.  But in hindsight, it makes sense.  Someone who is not my normal OB probably did not want to risk digging around in my lady bits without really knowing 100% what's going on.  They might not know where the tear is, or they might not want to irritate it further.  

So I decided the best thing to so was to follow up with our OB the following day. So Monday, I called to let them know what was going on and they ended up bumping our appointment up to today.  With everything that's happened, they didn't want to risk it. My body is not exactly doing this pregnancy thing the normal way.  I could essentially dilate and not know it!  Not like it would be the first time!

So anyway, we went in today. Got monitored for a bit.  Nothing crazy there.  Some Braxton Hicks here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary (for me, anyway.) She confirmed my thoughts on why labor and delivery didn't want to do a cervix check. But she knew what exactly was going on down there so she went ahead and did one. My cervix is still closed but she definitely still feels the tear.  She could feel baby's head through the tear.  She also informed us that baby is in the 0 station.  For those that don't know, that is pretty low in the pelvis and baby is considered "engaged" at that point.  Here is a nice visual so you can see how low that is:


That is most likely why I have been having those sharp pains and why I feel so much pressure! 

This does not mean I'm in labor.  But it is putting some extra pressure on that tear.  So while my cervix remains closed, it is entirely possible to deliver through that tear.  This is one of the reasons why I am still on bed rest.  It would be best to let that heal.  We just aren't sure if that will happen due to baby being so low already.  It is anybody's guess what will happen from here.  I've been instructed to call or go to labor and delivery with ANY concern at this point, because I don't do this pregnancy thing like normal people. Lol.  

So as of right now, Baby Z is locked and loaded.  Strict bed rest this week...and possibly modified bed rest next week, depending on that tear.  Our next appt will be Monday...unless something comes up!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the update!!!! Many of us have been facebook stalking you...

:-)

Entwined Essentials said...

Good to hear baby is still doing well. You know, even after having children, seeing that picture and where 0 station is...ouch! You're doing great, still so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Cute pic, cuz. Thanks for the update.

Kelly said...

You look so awesome! I hope you feel beautiful and hot because you look it. :)

I really didn't think you'd make it this far, honestly... Watch you go to 40 weeks. Ha! Can't wait! Hope that cervix heals, because while I'm sure with the normal pain of labor/pain meds you wouldn't feel it, it sure sounds painful to deliver through there!!