Friday, July 18, 2014

...yup.

I've had so many friends with complications in their pregnancies.  It is just so heartbreaking to watch!  I've had friends lose their babies.  Friends that have been trying for years!  I've watched friends have preemies and have to helplessly watch their babies fight to survive through an incubator and not be able to do anything.  So to this day, I still get upset when people with uneventful pregnancies bitch constantly about the little, normal things.  That might be totally unfair of me, but it is how I feel.  I don't say anything to those bitching, because they have a right to feel that way, just as I do.

I even try not to bitch about my situation on Facebook.  Yes, I do vent on here, but people are here by choice.  People are here because they want to know how I'm truly feeling. I save the fluffy update for Facebook!  But I know some people who would kill to be in my situation!  I know LOTS of people who would kill to be on bed rest with a big old pregnant belly.  So I think of those people before I post on social media.  They keep my attitude in check when I start getting bummed out about the bed rest.

That doesn't mean I have to love bed rest. I just want to remain sensitive to those going through rough times!  I have close friends and this blog that will listen to the trivial gripes I have.  I don't know.  I suppose it's a complicated topic as we all come from different life experiences...so it's all relative.  But seeing what I have seen, and having gone through what I have gone through, I just can't muster any sympathy for those bitching about minor pregnancy issues.

I am so lucky in so many ways. IVF took on our first round. We have 5 amazing embies in storage. We caught the incompetent cervix in time. And the cervical tear. And after all that, I am still sitting here pregnant at almost 36 weeks! I get to feel baby kicking all day long and know we are in the home stretch. And while I still feel some bitterness about all my "ruined" plans about this pregnancy, my gratitude will always outweigh the bitterness. Baby Z is the rainbow after the storm and my heart goes out to those that weather the storm and are still looking for their rainbow!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Great attitude, Nessa! I can't imagine what it's been like for you and am just so impressed that you have made it this far and still have your sanity! Can't wait for Baby Z!