So getting closer to the end of this pregnancy, I've been talking about how excited I am to get back to working out. Aprill and I are casually discussing our plan and whatnot. People are mistaking my excitement for obsession. It's really bothering me.
I'm not trying to get back to working out because I'm worried about what I look like. I'm not THAT shallow. Yes, it's been hard watching my muscles disappear, but by no means is that the reason I am excited to start working out again. It's not about what I look like. It's about how o feel.
I got a taste of how amazing it feels to be in shape and how much more energy I had and I want that back!!! I've lived as an unfit, sedentary person, and I have lived as a fit, active person. There is no contest to which I would prefer. I want to be able to keep up with my child!!!
As far as when I get back to it, I have realistic ideas of that as well. I don't have plans to really start digging my heels in until October! That gives me time to enjoy my new baby as well as time to heal. I don't see anything wrong with setting a goal to start back up again. I'm not obsessing! And again, it's not about what I look like. It's about how I feel. Feeling fit is one of the best feelings ever and I want it back.
If I am working out for my entire children's lives, it will hopefully be instilled in them!
G has told me several times that he truly believes that had I not gotten healthy in the first place, we probably would not have gotten pregs in the first place. He truly believes that!!!! Soooo, on top of all the other reasons to get healthy, there's the prospect of having a second child. I do not want to wait too terribly long between children. The idea of doing this pregnancy thing right away is not appealing, but maybe in a few years!!!
5 comments:
Nessa, I admire you and believe you will be a wonderful mom and an even better mom for making yourself a priority in order to feel great and do what makes you happy! It is the opposite of selfish..a happy mom is a patient, loving mom. Believe me! Lol! Plus, your life will be even more complete once you have your little one and you will probably become even more fit and even more your ideal, actualized self! Love you, cuz!
Wow! Anne got it right! Taking care of yourself is the best thing you can do for your baby. Kids LOVE happy moms. Kids with happy moms grow up well adjusted, with a role model for pursuing their own happiness in life. What greater gift could you give this little one.
Garrett is completely right. I haven't forgotten that you ovaries didn't shape up and start working right until you got yourself fit. If you want another child you MUST do it again. You can't just relax. (haha) You have to work, work, work to get your next baby...just like you did for this one.
Hey ness a,
I can tell you from experience that staying healthy through out your life is the way to go. I was in better shape after I had my kids. And I still keep a healthy lifestyle hoping to keep going till I am 95 then just msybe I will slow down :)
Love ya kid,
Thank you guys for the encouragement!! All I know is I feel a thousand times better when I am fit. Not really sure why people feel the need to try and discourage it. I suppose that's just their own insecurities!!!!
I think it's great that you are already excited about working out again! It is so easy to become a bum and then you just mentally get bummed out too, you know? I know I feel so much better when I work out and like the others said, you have to keep yourself high on your priority list so you can be there with the energy and attitude your kids need. :) Whoever has given you crap and made you feel the need to explain yourself, is most likely jealous.
Post a Comment