Saturday, December 21, 2013

Queasiness and Lack of Workout Space

I'm not necessarily getting "morning sickness.  But I have been waking up queasy for the last few days.  BUT, it's just like that quote says, "Pregnancy is the happiest reason for feeling like crap."  So I'm SOOOO very grateful to be experiencing all these symptoms!!!!!  I've waited years for this!  Waking up queasy, having to take a nap in the middle of the day, feeling intense hunger, peeing every 2 seconds...it's all a reminder of what is going on in my belly!!!!!!  What I have been PRAYING for!!!!  That let me take a minute to say I am so thankful to be experiencing all of it! 

I think I'm slowing coming around on the workout thing.  Yes, it's still hard to hear about other people "killing it" at the gym when I'm like, yeah, I broke a little sweat...  But in the beginning, it took some time for me to switch my mind frame from baby to fitness....it's going to take some time to switch it back around to baby.  After a while, in infertility, it's almost like you are on autopilot...going through the motions without ever actually thinking it's going to happen.  So this last time, when I got that positive pregnancy test...well, I think I just went into shock. 

Part of that difficulty in the mind shift is also the fact that my workout buddy (who has been my consistent daily workout partner for the last couple years) and I will be "training" on polar opposites of the spectrum.  She's going all out, training for her Spartan Trifecta medal, and I'm going all low impact.  So continuing our daily workouts together is not going to be realistic.  So yes, I am totally bummed about that, too as she helped me a lot in the last few years.  Luckily, I have it engrained in my head now that I need to workout regardless of if I have a workout buddy or not.  I know we'll still get to do some "workouts" together like yoga and swimming.  And I know we will resume when I pop out my baby.  I guess when something has been your routine...something you look forward to every day for the last few years, it's kind of hard to just have to change it.

But...again, I'm slowly coming around.  I'm getting it in my head that this is how it's going to be.  I think I will be better once the garage is fixed and I have my space back.  I can focus more out there.  It's where I've worked out for the last couple years and now that it's not working and we currently have no money to fix it, it's kind of putting a damper on my workouts not having that space available.  Hopefully, we will be able to fix after the new year.  I so DESPERATELY need that space back.  For my sanity!  Did I mention it's also my paint studio.  I have been painting in the house lately as well and it's soooooooo distracting!  It takes me like 10 times as long to finish a painting inside than it does in the studio!!! 

No comments: