Sunday, December 15, 2013

Embryos, Books, and Working Out!!!!

I was thinking this morning how I was SO sure I wanted to transfer 2 embryos.  When we went in that day for our transfer, I was SET on 2.  But after hearing about our embryo report, I completely changed my mind.  We have tough little fighter embryos.  And now, to know that the picture of our embryo is the one that is growing in my belly because it was such a bad ass is soooo super duper amazing!!!  I look at that picture every single day.  I imagine how much bigger it is now!  I'm currently 1 day shy of 5 weeks.  I think by the end of 7 or 8 weeks (I'll have to double check my book) the baby will be 10,000 times bigger than it was at fertilization, and it's still only about the size of a grain of rice. 

On a different note, I feel like it's slightly weird to compare your baby to food.  I see those tickers all the time that say that your baby is the size of a grapefruit..etc.  Books use it a lot, too.  It just always seems kind of bazaar.  I mean, it makes sense because it gives you a visual on how big your baby is, but at the same time, it's like "Oh my baby is the size of an apple.  Mmm...Apples.  I'm going to go have some apple and peanut butter."  lol.  I don't know.  Nevermind.  I'm crazy...

As you can probably tell, I'm reading a lot of books.  It occurred to me that I know soooo much up to the getting pregnant part.  But I never looked into anything beyond that.  I have no idea about what goes on during pregnancy or what I need for after baby is here.  I know there's LOTS of time and I'm sure most first time parents don't think about it until they are pregs.  But the difference is I have had a LOT of time (7 years...or...2,555 days) to think about that stuff.  I guess it was just too painful.  It was hard enough seeing other pregnant people, I think looking into the process of pregnancy while going through infertility would be a special kind of self-torture.  So yeah, I guess that does make sense that I never looked into it.  But I have to say, I'm totally enjoying reading about the process.  It's so interesting reading about what's going on day by day.  There is one book that talks about what's going on with baby, and also what's going on with mama.  It's just neat.

Also, I just have to make a little note that I get to start working out again tomorrow!  And lifting weights.  I'm so ready.  I'm going to continue with AM FIT until I'm too round.  Then I'm switching to Chalean Xtreme.  We got it earlier in the year and just weren't very big fans.  After Insanity, it just didn't seem like much.  But I think it will be perfect for a pregnancy workout for me.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I can feel the joy through the computer monitor... you are bursting with happy and I JUST LOVE IT!!!!!!!!