First ultrasound will be January 6th!!!! I am excited! It's taking a long time to get here. All those years of waiting, all those years of being so scared of getting ultrasound done because of canceled or failed cycles, of worrying about if the fertility meds worked...and now I FINALLY get to be EXCITED for an ultrasound. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. There's always that little fear in the back of your head. But at least the excitement outweighs the fear this time! And now, we will get to see our baby. And hopefully we'll get to see their little heartbeat, too!!! Can't wait!!!
This whole working out thing is not going as magically as I was anticipating. I knew I wasn't going to be where I was before after 3-ish weeks of not being able to work out. But it is depressing how much I have lost and how quickly!!!! I think I really need to reset my mind frame. I need to tell myself I'm not going for rippling muscles like I was before. I'm shooting to stay fit through pregnancy for both me and Baby Z. I need to remember that I have NEW goals now. And they are worth changing!!!!!
I also need to remember that I'm not always going to feel well enough to go to my morning workout class (not a complaint, just to clarify!!). I woke up this morning to get ready to go at 5am and I didn't feel super nauseous, but I did feel queasy and I had a massive headache, which I hear is pretty common in early pregnancy. So I missed class this morning and was/still am sad about it. But I'll just have to work out by myself later. I think that's just going to be pretty common, now. Working out by myself. Kinda sad, but the sooner I realize it, the better.
**I just want to be SUPER clear that I am not in any way shape or form complaining! The workout thing is small potatoes in the big picture. I'm just simply trying to readjust my thinking after years of making that my primary focus. I was really starting to think that pregnancy was not going to ever happen for G and I so it was partially my way of coping. Also, it was a way for me to love my body again. When you go through infertility, you sometimes start to hate your body. Not necessarily how it looks, but how it feels broken from the inside. So working out has been my saving grace in the last few years so I'm simply trying to get myself out of the mindset that I need to have 6 pack abs, beefy muscles, be able to lift cars over my head and all these other goals I was shooting for! That can be for AFTER baby. I'm just going to enjoy the fact that I'm pregnant, work out with the idea that I just want to stay healthy and try not to be so hard on myself like I have been the last few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nessa, you're amazing!
Please don't try and lift any cars above your head... Totally save that for after the babe!
Hahaha!!! Yeah, I won't be doing any of the the car-lifting for a while. lol. I don't think anyone would let me. I came in the house the other day carrying a bag of dog food and my hubs like ran over and grabbed it from me. And then last night during Zumba, Aprill kept giving me the stink eye thinking I needed to take it down a notch. I don't think anyone would let me lift a car right now. (Even though I probably could if I wanted to...)
I can't believe someone said that to you about your squats, that's silly. As far as your working out saga, I can relate, I have never been pregnant but I did go through surgery and was restricted for some time and when I came back to it, I felt the same, like I had lost things. What helped me was to remember how much I had gained though, because when you think about where you started compared to where you are now, it's a huge difference. Hugs, and good luck with your new goals!!
Post a Comment