Tuesday, December 24, 2013

6 Weeks, Christmas Eve, and Other things...

I am 6 weeks as of yesterday!!  No change...and yes, I know there probably won't be any change until I'm up in the 2nd trimester.  But the thing is, I can string all these together in a video later and it will just look neat.

6 Weeks

Our ultra sound is 2 weeks away!!!!  Ahhhhh!!!!!!  I'm SO excited for that! 

It's Christmas Eve today.  I'm so happy I get to spend this Christmas pregnant.  It's the best Christmas ever.  Well, that is, until next Christmas when we have a little buddy running around.  It's kind of fun because there is a present under our tree for Baby Z.  And my friend also brought over a little mini-stocking for Baby Z, too!!!  There's also Baby Z ornaments from another friend and mom and dad ornaments on our tree from my parents!!!  It's already so different around here and it's still so early!!!!  I love it!!!!  I kept telling myself not to get too excited yet...ya know, because it IS so early.  But then I started thinking how stupid that is.  I should be happy that I'm pregnant and enjoy every minute, including the early weeks.  If something happens, I will cross that bridge when we get there.  But I should spend the entire first trimester in shambles over a what-if scenario.  I need to be happy.

I don't think people really understand how much we want this, even after IVF.  Now that we are pregnant, we get a lot of people making it sound like our lives are going to be over once baby is around.  That bothers me a lot because G and I have had so much time to ourselves.  I guess that one of the "benefits" of infertility.  But we are ready for a little 3rd wheel on our "dates."  We are soooo ready to be up all hours of the night.  We are ready to be exhausted.  We are ready to lug around a 30 pound diaper bag everywhere we go.  We are ready to change poopy diapers a million times a day.  People always warn  you about that stuff but then never tell you about how it's ALL WORTH IT when that little baby looks at you, snuggles you, falls asleep on you...  You get to watch them grow and learn.  Now tell me it's not worth it.  I mean, really!  G and I have had 8 years for it to be just him and I.  And it's not like we are completely stupid about what happens after a baby.  I realize we won't truly know until we are there, but give us a little credit.

I'm still having yuckiness in the morning.  I think baby doesn't like mornings as much as mama does!  lol!  It's going to be deja-vu when our kids a teenager and I'll do like my mom did when I want in high school and vacuum right up next to my bedroom door and stomp real loud all over the house.  I used to swear she did it on purpose!  lol.. But anyway, I'm still waking up early, I just have to comfort myself for a little while on the couch before I get moving!  I went to A.M. FIT yesterday morning and spend the entire time trying not to hurl, and also trying to slow myself down.  The awesome thing about the class environment is you push yourself harder.  But unfortunately, that's the opposite of what I need to be doing right now.  I mean, yes, I still need to work hard, but I'm supposed to be able to carry on a conversation while working out, and it seems like whenever I go, I overdo it.  Not on purpose, just by habit.  So I'm not sure how realistic it is for me to keep going to class. Ah, well.  There's a baby in my belly!!!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You are soooooo stinking cute!!! How wonderful for you to be able to start off this pregnancy being the most fit you've ever been. I bet you are LOVING that.

All of those things DO happen once you have a baby, but you are right - it is so worth it. There are crazy days when you will find yourself asking, "What was I thinking!?!?!" I know it's hard to believe, but you will. HOWEVER, you are quickly able to answer that question because your entire life has new, wonderful purpose that has nothing at all to do with yourself and everything to do with that precious baby and it is amazing and wonderful and everything you dream it will be and more. <3