Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Survey?!?! Oh no you didn't!!!

These last couple weeks have been rather...difficult. Immediately after finding out about my 4 month break from TTC, I got so sick and I'm still recovering from that. But through all of this, my husband has been soooo incredibly amazing! He was running out and getting me crackers, pills...you name it. He even took 3 hours off of work to come to Urgent Care with me. And he felt so sad for me in the times when there was nothing he could do to help me.

I feel so incredibly blessed to have Garrett as my husband. He is, without hesitation, my best friend in the entire world. So, I am dedicating this post to him and doing a survey about him. OH YES!!! You heard me right. A SURVEY!! Hahah! Brings me back the the days of Myspace surveys. Anyway, here goes...

Where did you two first meet?
At a party at his house. My friend was dating his friend.

When exactly did you two first meet?
Halloween, 2004. I was dressed as a french maid. He was dressed as a "guy who wore pants." I didn't get it at the time, but later I found out he always wears shorts. Haha!

What was your first impression of him?
I thought he was hilarious. He was drinking Jack Daniels straight from the bottle and speaking in a Russian accent.

When did you start liking him?

Well, that didn't happen until around April or May of 2005. I saw him only 1 other time in between then. But at the end of the semester, I bumped into him on campus. I knew who he was, but I could NOT remember his name until after we chatted. Anyway, we chatted for a bit, then I just never stopped thinking about him. I actually felt like a weirdo because I BARELY knew him and already I was picturing our wedding. Hahaha!

When did you two start going out?
He was in a band at the time. He sent a friend request from his band on Myspace and I denied it because I didn't know it was his band. After I realized who it was I went to their page and found out where their next show was. It happened to be in Helena, my hometown, which was only an hour and a half away. So I drove there and surprised him. Not long after that, we went on our first date. He took me to the movies...and couldn't remember his pin number!!! hHAhaha! So I paid. I still like to bring it up. That was around June, 2005.

How was with your first kiss with him like?
Haha! Oh wow. The very first one was a little awkward. We were hanging out and listening to music, and he started leaning in real slow. That whole thing were the guy leans in 90% and your supposed to lean in the rest...wasn't happening. All I could think of was "what is he doing?!?" Hahahah! So there was a moment of extreme awkwardness where we were sitting there with our faces about 2 inches apart. He ended up just leaning in the whole way and kissed me. HAhahahah! It makes me laugh now to think of how awkward I made that. The thought that he was trying to kiss me was so far from my mind...

Is he your first boyfriend? If not, then which?
Not my first boyfriend...but not too far down the line. Like 3rd or 4th.

Are you his first girlfriend? If not, then which?
Same deal. I'm like his 3rd or something...

About Him

How much older/younger is he compared to you?

1 year older

Hair colour?
Red

Eye colour?
Blue

Astrological sign?
Not sure. Whatever October 1st is...

Skin colour?
White

Nationality?
Lots of Norwegian and German blood in his body!!!

Religion?
Christian

Glasses?
No...showoff!

Piercings?
Nope!

Tattoos?
Not yet. Just you wait until I get my license! He will have sleeves when I'm done with him.

Chest hair?
Yep!!

Smart/not?
Very smart. He is amazing with numbers. He has pretty much every phone number memorized and can do math like nobody's business.

Sarcastic/not?
Extremely.

Humourous/not?
He makes me laugh every day.

Possessive/not?
He's not possessive. He's proud to call me his wife, but not possessive.

Patient/not?
One of the most patient people I've ever met.

Affectionate/not?
Very much so. More than me, most of the time. But I love that he's always lovin' on me all the time...even when I am not all that responsive. =)

Protective/not?
Yes. He is very protective of me.

Clingy/not?
No, not clingy. But we do like to spend lots of time together.

Expressive/not?
Ummmmm...sometimes I have to pry things out of him, but mostly, he's pretty good about letting me know what he's feeling. He's better about it than I am, anyway.

Talkative/quiet?
Both. Depends on what we are talking about.

Outgoing/shy?
He and I are both rather shy people until we get to know you.

Party animal/Stay at home kind?
Stay at home. We are both very much home-bodies. We love spending quality time together at home.

Sporty/not?
He was more-so when he was younger. But he's still got it in him. He was on a city BBall league this year.

Artistic/not?
Musically, yes!! He is one of the most amazing drummers I have ever seen.

Practical or more of the dreamy type?
He's got a good balance of both.

Can he cook or bake?
Ummm...no. Not really. haha!

Can he repair/fix things?
Not the household type stuff. That's all me. =)

Can he dance?
Hahahahahah! No, but when he does, it's about the best thing in the world.

Can he sing?
Never really heard him try, but he tells me he can't.

Can he draw?
Nope.

Can he play any instrument?
Uhhh, the drums...

Can he write well?
I don't think he was ever really much of a writer, but I read some of his papers he wrote when he was in grade school. Almost every one of them had something about Saudi Arabia. haha!

Can he make you laugh?
Always.

Can he make others laugh?
Always.

What is his talent if he has found it?
Drums and crunching numbers. He's very much a people person, too. People love him!

Is he good at science and math?
Yes!

Things you like about him
There are far too many to list so I will just say EVERYTHING!!!

What do you like about the things he does FOR YOU?
The fact that he would do anything for me...

What part of his face do you like the most?
Well, I could go with the stereotypical answer here and say his eyes...but I'm going to branch out. I love his BEARD! His bright red beard!!!

What part of his body do you like the most?
Legs.

What part of his personality do you like the most?
He's FUNNY!!!

What do you most admire about him?
He can find the bright spot on ANY situation...even when I can't see it. It takes a strong person to be able to be constantly seeing the bright side of everything.

What part of him attracts you the most?
Aside from the fact that I enjoy every second with him, I know that when I'm not with him, he is 100% dedicated to me.

Do you know what attracts him to you?
Honestly, I'm not sure what attracts him to me specifically...

Is he a pet lover?
Very much so. One time he thought one of our dogs ran away, and I swear he was on the verge of tears. (Our dog was only "missing" for literally like a minute.) Big softie. =)

Is he environmental-friendly?
Well, he doesn't litter or anything like that. To be honest, him and I both could be better about recycling, though.

What are his views on political issues?
We can't talk about politics together. Haha! I made that a rule before we got married because I am pretty far left and he borders of the conservative side. We respect each others political views, but I get too worked up to calmly "debate" anything. It just turns out with me being pissed off. haha! So we keep out political views to ourselves.

Is he racist?
Definitely not. He told his mom when he was a little boy that he wanted to be a "black football player." When she told him he could be a football player, just not black, he said "well, all the good ones are black." =) I think he was about 6 or so when he said that.

Is he a vegetarian?
Far from it.

Does he drink?
Rarely.

Smoke?

Yuck. No, thank God.

Curse?
Only when playing video games.

Abuse drugs?
Nope.

Is he hairy?
He's got a normal amount of hair, I suppose...

Does he donate to beggars?
Beggars are pretty rare in Great Falls, MT.

Is he neat/messy?
Messy...



GOOD LORD, that's a long survey. There was even more than that. I just deleted a bunch of questions because I'm tired and want to go to bed. Haha! But you guys get the point. Love my hubs. Couldn't imagine being on this journey with anyone else...yada, yada, yada. OK! BED TIME!!!

Nigh-Nigh!!!

No comments: