Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

Mothers Day doesn't make me sad. It makes me so thankful to have my own awesome and supportive mother who could have easily been taken away from me after her cancer diagnosis. Stage IV renal cell carcinoma is pretty serious business. So to have her around today makes me so thankful for her. She is happy and healthy these days and shows me how to appreciate every single day I have.

I also have a friend here in town that is an amazing mother who knows what a special little guy she has. She has said everyday is Mother's Day for her. She is so much easier to be around than people that are constantly complaining about their child. And she is supportive for me and lets me talk to her about everything I am going through also. I'm thankful to have her around. I have known her since freshman year of high school. We lost touch for a few years and then ended up living in the same town, and we reconnected. I might be driving myself crazy if it weren't for having her around. AND her little man!

I should also say something about my mother-in-law. I couldn't have asked for a better MIL. We have recently started doing mani/pedi's every month together. It's a great time for us to bond and chit-chat. We work out every day together. Garrett made her sound so scary before I met her. I thought that we weren't going to get along. He used to tell me how she would probably say something about my tattoo's and peircings. He mentioned something about talking religion with me. Also said that she scrutinizes table manners. I wanted to slap Garrett after I met his mom. I have no idea why he made her sound so scary!

So...in conclusion, I refuse to feel sorry for myself today. I'm going to be thankful for the awesome mothers I have in my life!

No comments: