Friday, May 14, 2010

Results...

So, I've been working out pretty regularly (for the most part) since October. Like I said before, the eating part is a lot harder for me because, what can I say? I loooove food and sugar. But, even with my bad eating habits, I was still managing to lose weight little by little. So I figure I would post some of my stats, without going into specifics.

As far as actual weight loss goes, I am down about 25 pounds (according to where I maxed out on the scale at home). And 13.4 pounds of that is pure body fat. I've gone to Curves 98 times. It would be more but I hurt my back a couple of times and couldn't go. And this is how my measurements are breaking down:


Bust: Down 3.25 inches
Waist: Down 1.25 inches
Abdomen: Down 6 inches!!!!!!
Hips: Down 4 inches
Thighs: Stayed the same (those pesky thighs)
Arms: Stayed the same (those pesky arms)

But honestly, I feel good about that. It's a good jump start to getting ALL my energy focused on the eating part because I've got a good routine down now for working out. And now that it's nice out, I can ride my bike to the gym, so that equals a full hour of workout 5 days a week if the weather cooperates. Plus, I will be adding two 15-20 mile bike rides/week to train for some bike tours I've got lined up for the summer. Nothing too intense, but 50 and 60 milers, so I will definitely need to prep for that.

I'm feeling really good. I still don't have my full appetite back from the tummy bug I had, but other than that, I'm feeling awesome! It really sucks that my ovaries are the way they are, but I can either sit here and feel sorry for myself (which I did for almost a full year) or I can do something about it. Getting healthy will not only help us have children, but it will improve the quality of my life, and how I feel about myself.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW!!!! I'm totally impressed! Congrats on the weight lost and inches. I'm inspired!

Greeny said...

*converts to metric*
...
...
*eyebrow raise*
...
...
*jaw drops*

W-O-W! Nice work!!!! *high five* You are kicking some ass their girl, you definately should be happy with that!

It is good that you have a manageable routine... much easier to maintain. The food thing is really best done slowly. Cut a few things out here and there, make a few healthier choices etc and it will come together without alerting the mad sugar beast in your brain!

Don't stress too much about arms and thighs. They will come. Everyone has a different pattern of fat distribution as far as where the fat deposits, how much and in what order. The reverse is true when stripping. Eventually, provided you are running on a small calorie defecit, your body will have no choice but to start chewing the arms and thighs. Just have to be persistent and patient. :-)

Awesome, awesome work!