Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Seriously?!?

I'm ridiculously tired today. Woke up feeling a little nauseous again and having stomach cramps. Went in to Urgent Care yet again. She thinks that it's still side effects from all the acid indigestion. And on top of that, she thinks my anxiety could be attributing to the nauseousness. So she perscribed a few Ativan. I hope the Ativan works. I want my life back. I cried for literally like half the day just wanting everything to be back to normal. Ya know, my normal infertile self. As crazy as it sounds, I miss getting groceries. I miss cleaning the house. I miss running errands. I'm sick of sitting in front of the TV watching Disney movies...

But after all that, I am left feeling drained, tired, and like someone put my through a meat grinder. Please let the Ativan work. Please, Please, Please. I want to go back to worrying about if I'll ever get pregnant.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Friend I really heart you and I am sooooo sorry you are going through all this. I wish there was something I could do to help. I will buy you 239473974 coffees when you feel good again. Miss your face and our stupid laughter. Hang in there, friend!!!

Kelly said...

:( I'm so sorry you are going through this right now! It sounds just awful. Love you and hope you get better soon!!!

Nessa said...

@Kari-I heart you too. I miss running errands together every other day. Even when I don't have any errands, I miss tagging along and making faces at D. =) And I also miss REAL FOOD. I've been eating things like plain bread, yogurt...very basic boring stuff. I need some WHEAT MONTANA!!!!

@Kelly-Thanks, Kell. It's been a very long and frusterating month so far. I keep trying to look at the bright side, but sometimes, it's hard to see it. I think I am on the mend, it is just taking a lot longer than I was hoping. Doc thinks it could take like 2 or 3 weeks to completely feel normal. ugghh. Thank you for the nice words!! Love ya too!!!

Greeny said...

So they are saying that you are so anxious you are giving yourself GORD and hence, have prescribed you an antianxiety medication?? WTF?? Have they gaven you any medications to manage the reflux? If it is GORD (I think GERD for you guys) something basic like Losec should clear up all the GI sytmpoms really quickly. Mind you, what you're describing doesn't quite sound like classic GORD either.

If I were you, I'd be inclined to seek a second opinion and get some further investigations done e.g. endoscopy etc. Antidepressant meds are not something you want to be on if you don't need to..

BTW.. should mention I'm a paramedic by trade hence, the medical and drug know how.

"Please, Please, Please. I want to go back to worrying about if I'll ever get pregnant." - Funny how it becomes a part of us after a while... come to miss it eventually.

***HUGS***

Nessa said...

I am on prilosec to deal with the Acid Reflux. But I had just gone back in because I was having anxiety about feeling sick. I have a genuine phobia of throwing up, which, in turn, makes me nauseous. So They gave me just a few Ativan to get rid of the anxiety so I can return to my life. My symptoms are slowly getting better, but if I have any small little stomach cramp or anything, I get worked up thinking I am going to throw up...which makes me feel like I'm going to throw up. It's a vicious cycle I need to get out of. They perscribed just 15 Ativan to get me through the next week.

Nessa said...

I should add I don't intend to be on anti anxiety meds permanantly as I don't have severe anxiety about most daily things. Just throwing up...

Greeny said...

Oooooookay now that all makes much more sense!!!

Sucks... now that is a nasty vicious circle. As if the TTC realms weren't hard enough to deal with. You don't need that in the off season. :-(

Glad that at least things are improving, even if it is a rather slow process.