
Mine looked even a little worse than the PCOS ovary on the bottom picture. Both of them did.
So...after the ultrasound, she told me to put my pants back on and we'd talk about the plan. I just KNEW what it was going to be. So I get dressed, and she comes back in and sure enough, the plan is....a break. Even though I knew it was coming, it totally knocked the wind out of my sails. I fought back tears SO hard. I never actually cried in front of her...but I came pretty close.
So now that we have established that I needed a break, the next thing she told me was for how long. Are you ready? 4 MONTHS! And that's at the least. She said we may need to bump it up to 6 months. As crazy as it sounds, I'm not mad. I fully realize that without functioning ovaries, babies aren't going to happen. So. Sad? Yes. Crushed? Yes. Upset? Yes. Mad? No.
The next part of the plan was for me to continue with my exercising (which, frankly, I am ROCKING!!). But the part that I was not rocking was the eating part. I fessed up to not doing so well on the high protien, low G.I. diet. She didn't yell at me or anything. In fact, she was very encouraging and supportive. I think she could see I was on the verge of tears. She just told me that she realizes how hard it is...but it IS very important for cases like mine where I have extremely persistant PCOS. So, I suppose I can't really avoid it anymore. It's now or never. I know I'm not OLD but I'm not getting any younger.
The next thing she mentioned was getting my weight down...which, I already knew. And she totally recognized how hard I've been working to lose weight and she said she can totally see results. But I have an extra pesky 10 pounds to lose to put me into a good BMI and she said 20 pounds would be even better.
This next thing will be the single most difficult thing I will have to fight. Sugar. I can't have much sugar. If I am addicted to anything...it sugar. Love it! That's gotta go.
And lastly, I will be kicked up to 2500mg of metformin. She said, if it's too much, drop back down to 2000mg. But she said if I could possibly get 2500mg, that would be better.
So it looks like I will be closer to the 4 year mark of TTC before I have the possibility of getting pregnant. But...I gotta keep on trucking. Do what I gotta do. I just need to let myself be sad for a bit and then move on. Focus on everything I need to do to improve my chances. I got that shot in the butt to start my period again and then I will be starting birth control again. This time, I'm doing Yaz. We'll see if I have better results on that than seasonique.
So mostly the next 4 months of this blog will be about my progress on all the stuff I menetioned. It might be kind of boring for some of you, so just bear with me for a while. =)
Thank you for all the well wishes!
10 comments:
I promise I won't be buying us any more bad goodies. We'll be hitting up some carrots with ranch and strawberries. Love you friend!
Kari, I'm pretty sad about my ovaries and the 4 month break...but I'm mostly sad about our treats that I can't have anymore!!! I'm still having diet Pepsi and diet Dr. Pepper. No one is taking that from me!!!
Love you too, friend!!!
I am sorry to hear that Nessa! I 100% feel your pain. The first time I saw the ultrasound image of the my ovaries, I couldn't breath. Just keep up the good work! You are my inspiration!
Give me a call if you want to chat! Love ya!
I am so terribly sorry for the horrible news. I'm glad you're taking it as well as you can though.
:hug: Sorry, Nessa. I wish there was anything I could possibly do for you. I really hoped the first break would be your last. Praying for a speedy ovary recovery :hugs:
Ugh... this made my stomach hurt. I'm so sorry... :(
OH girl. I'm so sorry. :hug: I was so hoping for good news for you today. If there's anything I can do to help it go faster, just say the word!
Oh Ness, I am so so sorry. I know how it feels to have to be put on a mandatory break and my heart is hurting for you friend. I'm praying everything goes quickly for you and it's 4 and not 6. Big *hugs*
Ooooh that is a bunch of bollocks. :-( You did so well to get out of there with a stuff lip cause I am sure I wouldn't be able to hold it together. Honestly, wish I could take an eraser to your ovaries and just rub them all out and make it better. I still don't understand why the universe insist on testing those who have already been well and truely tested. Chin up. Time marches on regardless... you will get there and we are all here to push you along when the going gets tough. xxx
Thank you ladies! You are all such an amazing support system!!! xoxo
Post a Comment