Our poor little baby girl (ok, so she's a dog, but she's still our baby girl) is hurt. A day or so ago, she would whimper a little bit like when she would wake up from a nap. Nothing serious. But then she would be fine and run around and play. And then today, at about 2pm, she started yelping SOO loud!! Of course Garrett and I wasted no time trying to diagnose her ourselves. She seemed in such pain, we just wanted her to feel better and know what was going on. The vet did a full examination and couldn't find anything broken. She wasn't favoring any specific leg or anything, but she did notice that when she touched a certain part of her back, she tensed up. So she is pretty sure she tweaked something in her pack. So now Gaz is on prednisone, muscle relaxers and pain killers.
I almost lost it at the vet. I had tears welling up, ready to roll. It's so hard to feel so helpless, and if I am like this with a dog, I am gonna be a mess with a baby. Although, I've heard in times when your child is in pain or need something, the maternal instincts kick in and you go on autopilot until it's out of your hands...then you lose it. That totally makes sense though. I just hope I can keep it together enough to do what needs to be done when I am a mother. Our poor Gaz though. She has to either stay in a kennel, or on the couch for 10 whole days!!! It's tough to watch our little Gazzy, who is so full of piss and vinegar, just lie there on the couch, yelping anytime she moves. I hope at least the pain eases up for her. It's absolutely devastating to watch.
In other (not quite as sad) news, I made it to the gym this morning, miraculously. I almost didn't go when I found out my very sleep-deprived friend had a headache this a.m and needed sleepies...but I made myself. But, damn, it was hard. I'm not going so early tomorrow. Try 10am. Haha! Yeah, that sounds good. It was busier than I thought it would be this morning. Guess there's a lot of women with jobs during the day. I'm definitely not one of those women. Hahahahha! Sad. Well, I will know more about the tattoo apprenticeship next month when I get my new tattoo.
Anyway, I'm tired now. Time for cuddles with my sad, sad little pup and a movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment