This is what I decided. I have decided that I have earned the worlds easiest and smoothest labor and delivery!!!
OK so I know that's not how it works! Clearly I haven't earned shit, otherwise I would not have had to go through IVF. I would not have had subchorionic hemorrhage in the first trimester. Or had preterm labor due to an incompetent cervix and had to go through an emergency cerclage. And I would not be on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy. These were just the cards I was dealt!
I have to admit...I'm having a hard time keeping my spirits up...and it's only been 2 weeks since I've been bedridden. This is soooo unnatural to me! People say things like "enjoy the rest because you won't get any after baby is here." OK, I'm sorry, but that comment makes me want to murder people's faces! Yeah, I'm really going to enjoy this next 11 weeks of sitting on my ass, not being able to participate in life. Not being able to contribute to our income. Not being able to finish nesting. Oh but hey, at least I can take up scrapbooking. Ugh.
Like I've said a million times before, Baby Z's safety comes first and I would still rather be here than trudging through infertility. My emotional and physical comfort is taking a backseat while Baby Z bakes the rest of the way. But I will admit that this is a true test of sanity for me! Other than the obvious fear that women have concerning pregnancy, bed rest was the next on my list. As an active person who has made incredible changes in my lifestyle to become so, bed rest is a huge obstacle for me...both mentally and physically.
I know I can do this. And I know the second I see my baby, it will all make sense and I'm sure I would do this all over again in a heaerbeat. I just need to make it to that point.
And a note to Baby Z: just because I'm struggling with this bed rest thing does not mean it's an invitation to come out early. I'll deal with my craziness and you just focus on getting fatter in there! And staying put. OK? OK. I'm glad we agree!!! Your mom has been through worse things than bed rest and she's just whining a little bit! I will try to make the best of it! Even though it really does suck balls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment