I cannot tell you how much I love this right now!!!! It probably goes a bit more with my post from the other day. But I just found it today by accident so I'll just throw it on this one instead!
The more I research on incompetent cervix, the more grateful I feel. A lot of women lose at least 1 baby in the second trimester before they realize they have an incompetent cervix because there are either no symptoms, or very mild symptoms. In my case, they were extremely mild. It scares me to think that I could have very easily waited to be seen. And very easily lost my baby.
At our first follow up appointment with Dr. Key, he said our survival rate for our baby shot up from 10% to 80-90%. Now it is between 90-95%. So amazing.
I'm trying to keep myself feeling normal by doing "normal" day to day things. I don't usually use my time to be up doing super exciting things. I generally use it to do things like dishes, spend a little extra time "getting ready for the day." Stuff like that. Even that is limited since I can bend, lift, or twist. But it helps me feel a little bit more normal.
The days go by slow, but the weeks go by fast...if that makes any sense. I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow. And it has officially been 3 weeks since all this happened. If I break it down in the respect that I have 2 more weeks to make it to another big milestone for baby, and then another 3ish after that to make it to cerclage removal...it doesn't seem so bad. I will be shocked if I make it to August with this baby! But who knows! After working so hard to keep baby in, it's probably not going to want to come out! Lol

1 comment:
Garrett is right, you saved your baby's life. And what a huge difference 3 weeks has made. Today you have reached the 30 week mark. How amazing is that? Keep on keepin on, Ness. You are your baby's hero.
Post a Comment