So I briefly threw some thank you's out there in a previous post! But I want to expand on them now that I've have time to reflect a bit. It has really sunk in how close we came to a potential disaster. And how much further we still have to go to be in the clear! It's hard for me, someone who typically prefers to do everything myself and not ask for help, to have to rely on everyone else so heavily!
First, of course, is my fabulous hubby. He hardly left my side at the hospital. He talked me through what might have been the scariest thing I've ever experienced. And that is post surgery when having our baby was completely out of everyone's hands. With consistent contractions every 3 minutes for 3 hours, and me being on every possible drug to stop them, all we could do was wait and see. And while it is mostly a blur, I remember you holding my hand through all of it. I don't remember you letting go....not once. I remember you helping me breathe. And reassuring me that we are strong enough for whatever happens. And then following that awful day, you continued to keep my spirits up. You did things for me like change my movie at 3am when I couldn't sleep. You even made me do that stupid breathing thing!!! And now that we are back at home, I have to rely on you for nearly everything. As you know, this is hard for me. But I am so thankful that you are here. I will admit that since all this has happened, it's been nice taking that little extra time in the morning before we get out of bed to love on my belly and be thankful that baby is still rocking and rolling!!! I love you so much. For all we've gone through for this baby, I have to believe it is destined for something amazing!
And then there are my parents!!! They have been a huge part of this a baby's life before baby even was a baby beginning with IVF. So of course, when trouble arose, they were immediately doing everything they could to help. They house sat and stayed with our dogs! Got us a new recliner early for all the bed rest in my future. And filled our cupboards with food so we wouldn't need to worry about it when we got out of the hospital! Mom gave me a couple fabulous back massages and foot massages in the hospital when I had been laying there for literally like 4 days without getting up or even getting to sit up! Dad provided some comic relief!!! And now that I'm bedridden at home, they are continuing their support and offering help. I believe it is this time, after the shock of the situation has worn off for everyone, that the ones still around offering support are your true support people. It's easy to forget that when people go home to recover, that they still need help. And my parents have not forgotten or downplayed any of it since we've been home. To them, every day we make it through is still a victory! And they have not forgotten that life doesn't get to go back to normal for me. And even that recognition alone means a lot. I'm blessed to have the parents that I do and I hope I am even half as good of a parent as they have been to me!!!
My bestie, Aprill. Anyone that knows Aprill knows she has the busiest schedule known to man. And she still found time to visit me twice a day at the hospital. She brought stacks of movies and just her supportive attitude. She, too, has been a part of this baby's life since before baby was even in existence. She's helped me gather myself plenty of times when I thought Baby Z was beyond a possibility! In fact, she is (and will be) so much part of this baby's life that we are naming her and Chad its Godparents! She has continued to make time in her crazy crazy schedule to come over and visit me, which means a lot!!! Because, seriously! The woman is CRAAAZY busy!!! She recognizes how hard bed rest is for me and helps keep me focus on my goals for after baby!!! She has not once made me feel like she is no longer my workout partner, even though we haven't been able to work out together in months! And while all the other naysayers are doubting my dedication to get my body back after baby, she continues to believe in my dedication without wavering. I feel like she is just as invested in this baby as G and I! Which, I'm sure, is part of the reason she has also never downplayed the gravity of the situation! I'm super thankful that she is my bestie and I love her to pieces!!! And I know that no matter how boring I am or how long I will be restricted to this chair, she will continue to visit me!!!
Kari is a big reason we caught all of this in the first place. You may have read the story, but I was feeling off. Not horrible, just that something was not right. It felt like it could probably wait till Monday, but at the same time, I didn't really want to. It didn't feel like it was emergent, though. So she suggested the walk in. And to me, that felt like a fair compromise! That way if it was serious, I knew they would take me over to labor and delivery. But anyway, I will forever be thankful for that suggestion! She never downplays anything, and also doesn't let me downplay things! Lol. Sometimes, I tend to do that... But anyway, she also came to visit in the hospital and provided me with a few good belly laughs, including the dove chocolate chunk. They have little inspirational quotes on the wrappers, and the one I got was "life is good." Haha! As I lay there, practically on my head, hooked up to every machine imaginable, we had to laugh a little bit. She also has continued to visit and text me after being home, when everyone else has moved on or forgotten that we are not out of the woods yet! She understands that we are still going through a hard time. She even brought us dinner last week! Homemade!!!! (It was amazing!!!) She was an awesome support all the way through infertility, and continues to be through pregnancy! And I'm sure it will be the same through motherhood! I'm so thankful that we ended up in the same town! I heart her face and am thankful to have a friend like her around!!!
And, of course, Dr Key! I know he will never read this but I still feel the need to recognize him. I'm thankful this town has such an amazing doctor! And I'm not just talking about his skills, but just his soft nature. You can tell he deeply cares for each and every one of his patients. He probably doesn't even view them as patients...but rather just people! I've never had a doctor hug me and kiss me on the cheek, and he has...twice!!! He is a rock star, along with all the other hospital personnel who truly love what they do and pour themselves into what they do! Even the nutritionists at the hospital were super nice!
I wanted to do this post to expand on the thank yous to those immedietely in my life, but I also appreciate those who I don't know very well, never even met, don't talk to much, or who we just see once in a while who sent their love and prayers! That does not go unappreciated or unnoticed! In fact, it means a lot!!!!! We felt support coming from every which way! It was very uplifting to know that people care so much!!! So please, know that of you even spent half a second to "like" our updates on Baby Z, we noticed and we the thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment