Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Latest Check-Up

I've been really trying not to be too paranoid about every tiny thing...however yesterday, when I woke up, I went pee. Since day one of this pregnancy, I have checked the toilet paper to make sure there is not blood. Well yesterday morning when I checked, there was a stitch just sitting there.  I was baffled. I was trying to figure out where else it could have come from, but there was nowhere.  It looked like a piece of floss with a knot in it.  I thought, there is absolutely NO way it could be part of the cerclage but I didn't know what else it could be!  So, of course, I called into labor and delivery to ask them.  They explained to me that sometimes, the sutures used to hold the cerclage in place can come out.  I had to laugh while I was talking to the nurse on the phone because it's almost ridiculous at this point...just all the weird shit happening.  So yes, that was interesting.

We had our weekly check up today. I think I mentioned before that we were seeing our old OB this week since Dr. Key is outta town.  She checked my cerclage and cervix physically, and everything looks nice and shut still.  But when she checked with the ultrasound, she noticed my cervical length went down.  Last week, it was 5cm.  This week, it's 2.  That doesnt seem like a lot off length.  So she told me to chill out a bit on my activity level. She didn't say go back to strict bed rest, but she said definitely chill out!  So that kinda sucks.  But still, bed rest is better than another bout of preterm labor.

Oh.  And I have a yeast infection now, too.  Cuz, ya know, why the hell not throw one of those in?  It's most likely due to the progesterone suppositories... And just everything that's going on. So yay for that.

I'm actually surprised at how well I am taking the news from today.  Maybe it just hasn't sunken in yet.  Maybe I've just accepted it.  Maybe I'm just in a good mood today.  Who knows?

On a side note, I have been working on making a mobile for the crib.  It's pretty much impossible to find a Halloween themed mobile.  I looked on etsy and there is a some super cute Nightmare Before Christmas ones. They are selling for a pretty penny...which I must say is completely justified because they are handmade and really cool.  BUT, I remembered that I can be pretty crafty sometimes and thought, hey, maybe I should try to make my own.  That way, I can make the exact one I want.  I got some felt and some kneedles and thicker thread.  So far, I've made a Frankenstein, black cat, pumpkin, and Dracula!  I want to add a ghost, witch, bat and maybe and owl or zombie.  I'll be sure to post a picture of it when I'm done.  They are pretty crudely made since I'm more of a 2D artist than a 3D.  But it kind of goes with the Tim Burton theme so that's OK.

I feel pretty close to being ready for baby.  We have most of the essential items.  My parents have been helping out a lot in that department!  My mom is definitely in Grandma mode!  Now, I'm working on finishing our hospital bag.  That is mostly done as well!  Just need a few odds and ends.  I'm feeling more and more ready as far as our house goes.  Still really itching to nest.  But there's not much I can do from my recliner.

That's really all I got for now...

No comments: