Ok, so I know all 6 of my followers are just waiting in suspense for me to talk about how my appointment went. So...I'm gonna talk about something else first so you have to wait longer. (Because it's not possible for you to scroll down to find where I talk about it. You'll have bad luck for 7 years...or something like that...
So anyway, it's finally getting nice here. I think it hit 50 degrees yesterday.
ahh...screw it. I got nothing else to talk about BUT my appointment.
So the hubs went with me to the appointment. And we sat and talked with her for 2 HOURS!! It was so awesome. I felt like she actually gives a shit if we get pregnant...which is a change from the last doc I had. She is running all the tests to find out "for sure" if I have PCOS, but after telling her all my symptoms and after she took a quick "peek" at my plumbing, she is 99.9999% positive that I have it. So she perscribed metformin and birth control for the next 3 months to help clear out all the extra junk. My ovaries were twice as big as they should be because of the "string of pearls" as they called it.
So over the next 3 months, I will be taking a break from TTC, which honestly, after 3 years will be just fine. During those months, I will be on a high lean protien diet, and limited carbs. So basically it will be kind of like the atkins diet, only not as extreme. She wants me to lose about 16 pounds to get into a good BMI range. I will be on metformin and birth control. I will have a few tests that need to be done. And for the most part, I will just be able to 100% focus on myself and my goals for weightloss. It's kind of a breath of fresh air.
As far as the hubs goes, we brought his sperm analysis in, and she said the 18 million IS in fact low...so only god knows why my other doctor said it was fine. So he is gonna do another sperma analysis, and also make another appointment with his urologist to see what else he can do to optimize our ability to get preggers. She is putting him on vitamin C, L-angenine, and he has to drink 1 or 2 pinapple juices a day. He's also going on that diet with me so it's easier.
After the 3 month is up, she told me to be ready. I believe we are headed towards an IUI. I think that will be our best chance...other than in-vitro.
So...I think that all about sums it up.
I'm gonna go get my pills and work the gangsta out.
kbye!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like a great appointment!!! 2 hours is amazing... I'm excited for you to be starting a new plan and look forward to following along!
(oh, and I really WAS anticipating this update!!)
Thanks! I figured everyone was on the edge of their seats reading my blog. haha!
I'm looking forward to starting everything too...even though we aren't officially TTC for 3 months, I'm excited to see the difference that the PROPER medication and whatnot will do for us.
I'm glad you have a plan and at the very least an IUI is calculated and not "OMG did I BD on the right day?" Three months sounds like forever to me, but like you said, after 3 years, it's a breath of fresh air. Like the Doc said BE READY! <3
Hubby and I are taking a break as well. We have put a time limit on it, but I feel so much better, more free *strange*.
I wish you luck when you start trying again. Happy 2010.
I think probably a year or 2 ago, 3 months would feel like forever...but not so much anymore. We've basically been trying solid that whole time, so I am welcoming the break! And I think I will be SO ready to jump back in after the 3 months.
Post a Comment