Friday, January 15, 2010

Fasting, Blood Draws, and Metformin, Oh My!!

So I was magically able to drag my buns to Curves today. One of my buttcheeks still feels a lil sore from the shot they gave me on my ass to start my period. It was a nice, thick substance so it went in nice and slow. Ughh. Anyway, I was so tired today, but working out was actually nice because there was NO ONE ELSE THERE!!! I loooove those days. They pretty much never happen, but when they do, it's so nice.

I also had to fast this morning till about noon. Then I went and gave about 6 vials of blood today for all the different tests they are running. That was a lot of fun. Although the lady that drew my blood was a doll. She was a student, but she did a better job drawing blood than any other time I've had to get it done. I made sure to tell her that. I haven't even bruised so far...and I ALWAYS bruise from blood draws. So anyway, we'll see what happens with that.

I started my metformin last night. So far, no side effects. I'm nervous because my doc said lots of women have *ahem* "intestinal issues" from taking Metformin. That's why you steadily increase your dosage, rather than just jumping right in. But so far so good.

I'm supposedly gonna have a hellacious period. Pretty excited for that, let me tell you. No signs of it starting yet, though.

kbye

No comments: