Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hmmm...what to do...?

I lost a follower again. I can't help but take it personally. lol. What can I say? I'm sensitive. And apparently boring.

Before I jump into my boring crap, I just need to recognize one of my fellow infertiles...or FORMER infertile I should say! GS!!!!!!! After over a year and being diagnosed with unexplained infertility (an incredibly annoying "diagnosis" in the TTC world) she is cautiously expecting her first!!! There really is nothing more exciting and encouraging than seeing an "infertile" friend graduate! So congrats for the millionth time, GS! SOOO excited for you!

I talked to my Doc's nurse last night. She called me back at 8pm!!! That's dedication! Anyway, I filled her in on the gallbladder thing and told her I was on CD29 (yesterday) and asked her what she thought I should do. She said to take the prometrium and start a period and do the BCP since I told her G and I were going on a break till next year. But I have to say, I'm a little on the fence about the BCP. Part of me thinks I need to do it, and part of me wants to see what happens if I don't. I mean, I've lost weight and I'm getting healthy. I know that can do wonders for PCOS.

I booked my annual for August 26th so I may wait to do anything until then and possibly request a U/S to see what my ovaries are doing. Maybe if they still look horrible, I will do the BCP and if not, perhaps we can try a few natural cycles. We'll see...

5 comments:

Greeny said...

:-( Ness... Don't stress about followers. People show their true colours eventually. Some are only interested while there is pain and misery and obsessive behaviours. The rest actually like you for you and want to know about who you are outside of making a baby. *hugs*

I think your plan is a good one. You will be making an informed decision that way. See what is really there and whether it is time to dip your feet in and see what lurks beneath!! :-)

xxxx

P.S. Thanks for the congrats... you're a gem!! :-D

Nessa said...

Thank you, GS!!! Yeah, I suppose if people are only interested in my pain and misery, they probably don't really care anyway. I apparently offend people with my happiness. lol.

Samantha said...

I think trying au naturale is a great idea. They say that women with PCOS who lose just 10% of their body weight have a much better chance at conceiving so I really think you have a great shot!

Kelly said...

I am so on the fence with this one because I want you to be able to have a successful cycle as soon as possible and that could mean doing it the natural way or it could happen faster if you do BCP for a cycle or two. I think your request to do a U/S would be a good one. If they look all PCOSy, then yeah, I'd do BCP.

Good luck with your choice and thanks for the super sweet comment on my blog. You always know the right things to say. :hugs:

Nessa said...

Sam, I'm hoping that will be the case for us!

Kelly, it's such a tough call, huh? But I'm sure I can get a better idea of what to do after seeing what's going on. Obviously, if things look like crap, trying a natural cycle will accomplish nothing. Ugghhh...decisions...

Oh...and you are very welcome! You always leave me such awesome comments when I need them! Just returning the favor!!!!!