Thursday, August 19, 2010

Conflicted...

I'm so conflicted. So after talking to the nurse, and she is thinking I may be able to proceed with a TTC cycle after my annual, I started wondering if maybe I should put it off till October. With the Tour de Cure in September, I'm not so sure that will be a goold idea to do a cycle when I'm doing such hardcore activity. I know exersizing is fine when TTC, I'm just no too sure about 56 miles while doing fertility treatments may be wise.

I'm on day 4 of prometrium (which I am managing to actually swallow!!) and I'm assuming that will put my period around the end of the month. Then the Tour de Cure is September 11th. I don't think that's going to work for me. Sooo, if I do get the go-ahead to TTC again, I might request October. We don't have anything going in October. G's birthday is the 1st, and Halloween marks the day we met 6 years ago, so it just seems like a good month to try our luck. I ovulated last October...maybe I can manage it again this year.

I'm getting a little ahead of myself here. Dr. T's nurse was asking about my weight on the phone and she was super pleased about where I was at. She said "WOW! That's RIGHT where we needed you to be." She told me that it was promising that we'd be able to do a cycle if the U/S looked good. So it's all going to depend on that damn ultrasound. Me and that machine are not on the best of terms. But, again, if things look crappy, I'm totally cool with that too. I am going in for the U/S fully aware that I basically have done NOTHING they asked me to over the course of the last 3 months aside from working out and losing weight. So, I'm still realistic about it too. I think it's possible to be hopeful yet realistic at the same time, right?

Another thing that was conflicting me was the side tattoo that I booked for December. But, again, I'm SOO sick of not living my life because of TTC. I've put off so much crap because of it. Screw it. I don't think I will be sad to cancel a tattoo appointment due to pregnancy. Haha!

Oh, decisions...decisions....

4 comments:

janepjohns said...

Not everyone is so fortunate as to have to so many good things going on at once. If the opportunity to TTC comes up, just jump on it. Everything else can wait, if need be.

janepjohns said...

And Ness!! Imagine the Tour De Cure family ride, pulling one of those bicyle baby trailers. It could happen!!! We'll have to break him/her in early on the family passion of cycling. Dare to Dream!

Nessa said...

All very valid points, mom! If I can make it work, and if I get the go-ahead, I will go ahead with it!!! I knew you'd have good advice for me!!

Greeny said...

Hey Ness,

You know what, I tend to agree, but I will add that you CAN be TTC and LIVING YOUR LIFE at the same time. Enter with no expectations and do what you plan to do with your life in the meantime. If it doesn't work out, you are doing what you want to do and if does, then.. well... you'll be having a baby!!!