Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bike Rides and Grandma H.

Oh man! Yesterday I got the ok to resume activity! You can bet I took advantage of that. I went to the gym and then ended up going on 2 bike rides. It was soooo nice. It felt so good to exert myself a little. Now I just need to focus on pushing myself a little more each day to get my strength back up. I can totally tell that I have gotten weaker through all this. But that's ok. I just have to work back up.

My surgeon told me I had too many gallstones to count. No wonder I was feeling sooo crappy. But that's all behind me now, and it's time for me to start looking forward. I'm hoping that maybe when I make an appointment for my annual, they will maybe do an ultrasound to see where my ovaries are at in regards to cysts.

So I've talked about my side tattoo recently and how I am planning on getting my Grandma Helen tattooed. Well, here is the picture I am using for it...



She was seriously one of the coolest ladies ever. My favorite story about her was right after she got married, my grandpa told her not to ever get her hair cut. So she went straight into the bathroom and cut her hair herself...even though she liked her long hair. It totally makes sense where I get my little defiant streak from. If you tell me not to do something, or that I can't do something, you can bet I will do it. Which is why I am casting my grandma as Eve (as in Adam and Eve) for my side tattoo.

Anyway, until I get this tattoo, I have got to work on getting more fit. On todays agenda is Curves and then yoga.

No comments: