So, I was sort of cruising the adoption website I was referred to through my cousin, and there are 2 couples due in December who want to adopt to infertile couples. We aren't ready for adoption yet. But it got the wheels turning in my head.
After visiting that adoption site, I felt a tiny bit sad. Nothing like before, but sad nonetheless. So I called my mom to talk to her and told her about the adoption stuff. Then we sort of moved on to G and I's overall plan. I mentioned that we would have a few shots through IUI before hitting up IVF. She asked when the next IUI would be. I told her at the very earliest, next January because we can't afford it till then. G gets paid once annually so we don't have the money to do anything until then.
Then mom asked if we wanted an IUI cycle for Christmas. Ummm...what?!?!?! YEEEAH! Wow! What an amazing gift that would be! So my ever-evolving plan has changed again.
I've got my annual scheduled for the 30th. I'm thinking I will call ahead of time and see if I can request an ultrasound as well to see where my ovaries are at and if it might be possible to squeeze in an IUI before the end of the year. If not, that's ok. But it might be kind of nice to have one more shot before we hit our 4 year mark of TTC (which is January).
I just need to be careful not to let myself spiral downward into TTC hell again. The good news is, I feel in a totally different place than I was 3 or 4 months ago. So I think I will be just fine! I've got other things to focus on now so TTC isn't so much of an obsession for me. I start belly dancing classes in a week, so that will keep my mind from getting out of control.
I'm excited to talk with Dr. T about it and get her opinions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope you don't expect me to gift wrap your IUI. And if you do, where exactly do you want me to put the bow?
Hahaha! Mom...you're so inappropriate sometimes. I think we can do without the bow. If it results in a baby, you can put one on the baby when it's born.
This is so fabulous friend :)
Post a Comment