Saturday, April 24, 2010

2nd Follie Scan

My 2nd follie scan was a bust. There's nothing N-O-T-H-I-N-G going on in my nether regions. I had no growth in my follies, and on top of that, I had some new little follies in there that shouldn't be growing. SOOO, in short...the femara was a bust and I want my $160 back.

But not all is hopeless. I got that most amazing shot in the ass that makes you feel like you have a brick in your butt cheek, and it should be starting my period sometime in the next week or so. THEN, I go in for one of them awesome internal ultrasounds DURING my period. I've done this before, but it still bothers me every time. I don't even like dealing with my period...but then to have someone else messing around with it....yuck-o!

So anyway...where was I? Oh, right. So after the pleasant little ultrasound, I will be going back on 100mg of clomid, but with a catch. She's prolonging the days I'll be on it. She said something like days 3-10 or something. I can't remember. In addition, I'll be taking estrogen and something else. I forgot what the 3rd thing was. So here's my list of things I will be taking next cycle:

1. Vitamin
2. Metformin (a.m and p.m.)
3. Clomid
4. Estrogen
5. Mystery Pill (the one I can't remember)

Geeeez! For someone who HATES swallowing pills, that sure is quite the list. I may as well add Gas-X onto that list because, lets face it, the metformin causes me to take it quite often anyway. Ugh. I sure hope our future nugget (baby) appreciates what we are going through to make him/her.

On a side note...Garrett thought of the name "Takeo" for a boys name. Pronounced Tuh-kay-oh. So it would be Takeo Zanto. I like it. It's still our second choice for a boy though. Our first is still Raiden. Pronounced Ry-den.

Well. That's all I got for today.

5 comments:

Greeny said...

*reads blog*
...
...
...
...
"I go in for one of them awesome internal ultrasounds DURING my period"
*gasp* *blink* *gawk*

No really, you need to enlighten me. What is it that they can see with transvag u/s during AF that can't be done at another time or by a slightly less awkward means?

Highly unenviable position. :-( Uncool that the femara was ineffective too but it sounds like you've got a new plan of attack and that is a good thing.

Emi said...

:swear1: @ Femara!

I do not envy your joy that will be having transvaginal u/s during your period. *hugs* I'm doubly sorry that the meds didn't do their job for you.

But!

New plan = new odds!

Samantha said...

I'm hoping the clomid does the trick for you and I love your baby names!

Kelly said...

I love Green Sprouts post. Hahaha...

I'm so sorry the Femara didn't work. I hope that this next concoction will do the trick!

:bighug:

Nessa said...

Haha! You guys are funny. =)

The internal ultrasound during my period is to make sure my ovaries are clear of any unwanted "debris" since I've got PCOS and am prone to cysts and all kind of junk gathering on my ovaries for a party. And they have to check all this before I start the clomid so as to not further encourage any partying in my nether regions. And I start the clomid on day 3...so unfortunately, that means during Aunt Flow's visit.