Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Phone Tag

Welp. I called my infertility specialist's nurse. Left a message because they are never available when you call. So I left this nice little message wondering if I needed to make an appointment at the beginning of my cycle, yada yada yada, and then said that I would be available all day to take her return call...then totally missed it when she called back at noon. So then I called her back right away, and, of course, got the machine. So I left another message stating how much of a loser I am that I missed her call and said she could call back whenever is convenient for her. Turns out that time was 4:50pm. No big deal except I cancelled my whole day waiting for the call.

For those of you who have busy RE's, doctors, OBGYN's or infertility specialists, you know that even talking to their nurse is like taking a call from God himself. You don't want to miss that call. I've had full on conversations about my period, cervical mucous, what day in my cycle it is in the middle of busy grocery stores..just because I know if I miss it, I may have to wait a week before they have time to call again.

Anyway, finally got her call, and I don't have to make an appointment for a baseline since I'm coming off BCP. I just need to call on day 1, and they will call in my perscription for letrozole (aka, femara) These bad boys:

I'm hoping they will be the answer to my problems. I'm not 100% sure if we are doing an IUI this first cycle off the pill. I was thinking I should have asked the nurse. But of course I didn't even think of it until I was off the phone...and by then, it was too late. Anyway, I would be ok with a cycle of trying "naturally" (if by naturally, I mean chalked full of fertility drugs) first if that's what they want to try. Or if they want to jump straight into the IUI, that's all fine and dandy too. It feels like a lifetime ago that we had our consultation so I'm not sure what the exact plan of action was. Either way, I'm going to be happy to be actively trying again in a couple weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm getting so excited for you!!!

Samantha said...

Yay! This is super exciting!!!

Amy@LittlePinkDollhouse said...

So excited for you sweetie!