Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Don't read if you are sensitive...very bitchy...

I have one request concerning the ole facebook. If you are pregnant, pleeeeeeeease do NOT complain about it. When every other post is about how shitty your pregnancy is making you feel, it physically hurts me. I know that it's not always pleasant, but there are people like me and so many other women who would give anything...ANYTHING to be in your shoes. I'll take your morning sickness, I'll take your sore back, I'll take your weird midnight cravings all for the chance to have a child. So I'm sorry about your pukey mornings, but I have zero sympathy for you. Or if you do complain, balance it out. For example:

Oh gee. I feel like poo and but guts are churning....BUT it will be worth it for my CHILD I am growing in my belly.

I know that was pretty bitchy...but I've been biting my tongue on saying anything for a while, and I definitely don't want to say anything on facebook (i.e. Wastebook or Facebitch) because as much as it bothers me, I don't want to rain on their (already rainy, apparently) parade. Though I almost wrote something today on someones post. I stopped myself thinking, that's why I have my blog.

I can only hope that with all I have gone through, I will remember to be sensitive to others when and if I get pregnant. 3 years and 3 months...you can bet if I get pregnant, waking up to morning sickness will be amazing...

Lastly, I do realize that if you haven't struggled with infertility, it's hard to put yourself in the shoes of someone who has. I've been pretty open with my infertility in hopes that people can better understand where I am coming from. But even so, it's hard to know exactly where we are coming from. I bet from the outside, we look like spoiled little brats. (i.e. "I can't go to that baby shower, its too hard." Or "I want to be happy that my best friend is pregnant, but I'm not." Orrr, "I wish people on facebook would shut up about how shitty their pregnancy is making them feel") But I can't tell you the times I've put on my happy face for others and inside, it just hurts. It's like you ARE happy for them. But you are also extremely sad for yourself and it's so hard to balance the 2. For me, usually the sadness wins. Then you feel like you need to bottle it up so not to ruin someone elses high.

Oh well. There you have it. I promise, once I get going on my fertility stuff again and I'm not in such a rut, I will be more positive. When you are on a doctor mandated break from TTC, all there is to do is think about how you are still not pregnant, and won't be for X amount of time. But I swear, my posts won't be such downers in the near future. I just HAD to put this down somewhere because it was really bothering me.

I feel better now...

I apologize for any hurt feelings, but you were warned...

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Amen sista!

Samantha said...

Don't say sorry! You just said everything everyone else wants to say!!!

Amy@LittlePinkDollhouse said...

WORD!!!

Nessa said...

love you girls!!! <3