Monday, March 15, 2010

1 month to go!

Sooo, I WISH I had more to report on...buuuut, I'm still waiting...

I've got 1 month left before I'm off the BCP. Part of me is ready, and the other part of my (the fat part) still needs more time. I cannot get this stubborn excess baggage off!! Good Lord!! I've been eating way better than I have probably in my entire life, I've been working my butt off at the gym and also doing my cycling, and still, my weight is fluxtuating like none other. What is the deal? When I wasn't working out, I started losing weight. Then when I started again...I started gaining. How does that make any sense? Ugh!

Also, I started spotting again. I had about a week where I was barely spotting, then a good couple days of no spotting at all. Now all the sudden I'm spotting again...and it may even be considered more than spotting. I looked up reviews of the birth control I'm on (Seasonique) and there were a lot of bad reviews about it. It seems like lots of women spot on Seasonique. I called the nurse about a month ago to ask her about it, and she said "oh, yeah, it's normal. Just try not to think about it." Ok...uhhh, try not to think about it? Yeah, that worked for all of, hmm, 2 minutes. So the nurse may be hearing from me again REAL soon.

I don't want to be all negative nancy here. So I will move on to the more exciting things! Despite my weight issues, I DO only have 1 month left before we get to start trying again. I'm not sure if we will be doing an IUI right off the bat. I would assume so given the sad state of hubby's swimmers. But I'm sooo excited to be trying again. This break was not what I expected it to be, so I will be so glad when it's over. 1 month left, then, in the words of my infertility specialist, "it's on!!!"

4 comments:

Amy@LittlePinkDollhouse said...

Yipee!! I'll be stalking you this next cycle when you come off your break! Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers.

Amanda said...

Be careful about balancing your exercise and eating. If you are working out often enough, you might need to up your calorie intake...otherwise your body is storing most of your calories. It kind of goes into starvation mode and wants to save the calories for later.

For instance, if I do little activity my calorie intake would be 1700...but if I have a high activity level my calories might be around 3000!!! You just need the right balance :)

Samantha said...

I can't wait for you to get going again!!! My birthday is in January-so January babies are wonderful!!

Nessa said...

Amy, that goes both ways! I will be stalking you this next cycle as well. I SO hope that you get you little miracle!!!

Amanda, I do intake more calories on the days I work out. I have a livestrong account that tracks all that to make sure I am eating enough for how much activity I am doing! =) I appreciate the advice though. I know not a lot of people realize your body goes into starvation mode if you don't eat more when you work out. =)

Samantha, thank you!!! Yes, January babies are wonderful! I know a few January birthdays myself and they are all lovely people! =)