Monday, March 10, 2014

How Far Along17 weeks on the dot!

Baby this WeekBaby is about the size of a sweet potato.  Or between 5.5-6 inches.  Not much new developments or milestones!  Baby is working on building up fat and mastering some basic cognitive skills!  It's definitely obvious if it's a boy or a girl at this stage but it won't make a difference for us since we're not finding out!  We go in for our anatomy scan in about 2 weeks so we'll have new pictures soon!!!

SymptomsNot much change here.  Still headaches, congested nose, and backaches, though I am super hopeful that the physical therapy will help with that in time.  I did have one night this last week where I randomly came down with bad chills and nausea for about 3 hours.  Couldn't find our thermometer but G didn't think I felt hot or anything.  It was really weird!  I ended up sleeping sitting up for part of the night and then the next day, I felt ok again.  My appetite wasn't what it usually was, but I didn't feel bad or anything.  So maybe it was just like a little 24 hour thing or something.  Who know?!!

Craving/AversionsSeriously wanted my moms Grasshopper salad this week!  It's got cottage cheese, whip cream, a box of jello, mandarin oranges and pineapple in it.  She ended up making it for me since she was here!  Aversions, the thought off Mexican food wasn't very appealing.  But I think it's because anything remotely spicy gives me severe heartburn.

SleepIt was actually a little better this last week.  My physical therapist told me a trick that will make switching positions a little more easy so I've been doing that!!  I still wake up millions of times, but from what I've heard, that's pretty normal.

WeightI have not weighed since last week yet, but if I'm somewhat following what the recommended weight gain for this stage is, I should be around 164 or 165.  I am going to the gym in a bit so I guess we'll see.  I'm kinda glad the batteries in my scale died right after I found out I was PG!!!

Goals for the WeekI have a couple this week.  I need to work on drawings for work, make sure I keep up with my PT, and also, G and I are looking at a sectional couch to buy so we want to go check out their financing options!

And, of course, here is my 17 week belly.  For those with FB, you've already seen it but I have some followers not on FB so here ya go!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love your big smile. Sounds like things are coming right along! I can't believe the baby is that big already! Soooo crazy. What a miracle.

Anonymous said...

Ps. That is awesomeness you are getting a sexional (as we called it when Grandma Helen got hers haha). I have been daydreaming of a new sectional myself! I am pretty sure Furniture Row has 5 years no interest going on...we got a nice bedroom set there and did that.

JaneJ said...

I have checked 3 days in a row for new blog entries....NUTHIN'

Nessa said...

Well, I'm kinda boring this week!!! Hmm, what's new that I can tell you? Oh, I'm constipated! Oh wait...that's old news.

Anne, I am excited for a "sextional!" Haha! When we got our couches for upstairs, we were using the upstairs as just sort of a formal living area but when we moved our stuff upstairs, our couches went downhill pretty fast! So we are looking for something super cozy!!!!